IDTE is a full featured tag editor for Windows which supports tagging of FLAC, APE, ID3V1.x/2.x, WMA, LYRICS, and VORBIS tags in audio files.
It also supports the playback of 40+ various lossy and lossless music formats such as FLAC, ALAC, OGG, APE, MP3 etc.
It can rename files based on the tag information, export tag information, create playlists, search for incomplete tags on Internet, fetch lyrics, fetch cover art, supports CUE sheets, can process multiple files at same time, allows for batch file processing, supports SFX, visualizations and more…
v2strip is a simple command-line utility that lets you remove the ID3v2 tag from an MP3 file. The ID3v2 format is nice in many ways, but it can cause problems when being parsed by MP3 players and utilities that don’t support ID3v2 tags.
FixTag is a Java/Swing application that lets you edit the fields within MP3 ID3 tags.
MP3val is a small, high-speed, free software tool for checking MPEG audio files’ integrity. It can be useful for finding corrupted files (e.g. incompletely downloaded, truncated, containing garbage). MP3val is also able to fix most of the problems. Being a multi-platform application, MP3val can be run both under Windows and under Linux (or BSD).
The most common MPEG audio file type is MPEG 1 Layer III (mp3), but MP3val supports also other MPEG versions and layers. The tool is also aware of the most common types of tags (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2).
Frontend ~ github.com/cfgnunes/wxmp3val
Blazing Fast Audio Player for Win32 Environments
- GNU General Public License
- Freeform Skins
- Simple User Interface
- Advanced Playlist Editor
- Internet Streaming
- ID3 Multi Tagger
- File Renamer
- Fast mp3->wav Converter
- MAD mpeg Engine
- OGG Vorbis Support
- Winamp Input Plugins Support
- Smallest executable programmed in blazing fast ‘C’
- Continuous Play
- 8 Band Convolution Equalizer
- Lot’s more…
fre:ac is a free open source audio converter and CD ripper with support for various popular formats and encoders. It currently converts between mp3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV and Bonk formats.
With fre:ac you can easily rip your audio CDs to MP3 or WMA files for use with your hardware player, or convert files that do not play with other audio software. You can even convert whole music libraries retaining the folder and filename structure.
The integrated CD ripper supports the CDDB / freedb online CD database. It will automatically query song information and write it to ID3v2 or other title information tags.
- Converter for MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV and Bonk formats
- Integrated CD ripper with CDDB/freedb title database support
- Portable application, install on a USB stick and take it with you
- Multi-core optimized encoders to speed up conversions on modern PCs
- Full Unicode support for tags and file names
- Easy to learn and use, still offers expert options when you need them
- Multilingual user interface available in 40 languages
- Completely free and open source without a catch