GNUsound is a multitrack sound editor for GNOME 1 and 2.
Every Noise at Once is an ongoing attempt at an algorithmically-generated, readability-adjusted scatter-plot of the musical genre-space, based on data tracked and analyzed for 5,169 genre-shaped distinctions by Spotify as of 2021-01-15. The calibration is fuzzy, but in general down is more organic, up is more mechanical and electric; left is denser and more atmospheric, right is spikier and bouncier.
GNUMP3d is a streaming server for MP3s, OGG vorbis files, movies and other media formats.
It is designed to be:
- Small, stable, portable, self-contained, and secure.
- Simple to install, configure, and use.
- Portable across different varieties of Unix, the GNU Operating System, and Microsoft Windows platforms.
Musicmap attempts to provide the ultimate genealogy of popular music genres, including their relations and history. It is the result of more than seven years of research with over 200 listed sources and cross examination of many other visual genealogies. Its aim is to focus on the delicate balance between comprehensibility, accuracy and accessibility. In other words: the ideal genealogy is not only complete and correct, but also easy to understand despite its complexity. This is a utopian balance that can never be achieved but only approached. By choosing the right amount of genres, determining forms of hierarchy and analogy and ordering everything in a logical but authentic manner, a satisfactory balance can be obtained. Said balance is always the main subject of discussion in music genre genealogies and the capital reason why an absolute visual reference has been absent thus far (and probably always will be). Musicmap is a platform in search for the perfect balance of popular music genres to provide a powerful tool for educational means or a complementary framework in the field of music metadata and automatic taxonomy.
This two-channel waveform editing software is capable of converting and editing high-resolution DSD and PCM files with support for up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM formats.
APlayer is a lovely HTML5 music player.
- Media formats – MP4 H.264 (AAC or MP3) – WAVE PCM – Ogg Theora Vorbis
- Features – Playlist – Lyrics
Drumstick MIDI Monitor is a MIDI monitor for Linux using ALSA sequencer and Qt5 user interface.
- Easy to use Qt5 graphic user interface
- Based on ALSA sequencer. Provides one input port to be connected to other programs and devices using the usual external tools (aconnect, QJackCtl…)
- Customizable event filters and sequencer parameters
- Supports all MIDI messages, including System Exclusive, and some ALSA messages
- MIDI Playback of the recorded session or loaded MIDI file
- Saves to a text file or standard MIDI file the recorded event list
An AirPlay Audio-Receiver for your Windows-PC. Play audio content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod or iTunes on your PC with Shairport4w. AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what’s on your iOS device whenever you see the AirPlay symbol.
- Stream music wirelessly
- Integrates with iPod/iPad/iPhone/iTunes
Kitten Player is a simple music player, based on foobar2000 functionality. It allows user to view, arrange and download tracks from YouTube. Works on Windows Vista/7/8/10.
- Search music on Youtube
- Download music
- Arrange tracks in playlists
Volume Limiter is a small application that allows you to set a maximum volume limit on your windows PC. This is designed to protect children from turning the volume up to a level that would damage their hearing.
The application can be password protected to prevent children from changing your defined limit. The application runs in the background and minimizes to the system tray. Volume settings, the lock or unlocked status, and password information are stored in the windows registry. If the application is set to start up upon login (by placing it in the startup group) it will load the previous settings.
This application is compatible with Windows Vista, 7 and 8 and will run on 32 bit or 64 bit systems.
- Can be password protected
- Volume level and lock status auto-saved to registry
- Minimizes to system tray rather than task bar
- Lightweight (Uses 2MB of system RAM when running)