AutoEQ is a project for equalizing headphone frequency responses automatically and it achieves this by parsing frequency response measurements and producing a equalization settings which correct the headphone to a neutral sound. This project currently has almost 2000 headphones covered in the results folder. See Usage for instructions how to use the results with different equalizer softwares and Results section for details about parameters and how the results were obtained.
AutoEQ is not just a collection of automatically produced headphone equalization settings but also a tool for equalizing headphones for yourself. frequency_response.py provides methods for reading data, equalizing it to a given target response and saving the results for usage with EqualizerAPO. It’s possible to use different compensation (target) curves, apply tilt for making the headphones brighter/darker and adding a bass boost. It’s even possible to make one headphone sound (roughly) like another headphone.
Third major contribution of this project is the measurement data and compensation curves all in a numerical format except for Crinacle’s raw data. Everything is stored as CSV files so they are easy to process with any programming language or even Microsoft Excel.
SoundTouch is an open-source audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM rate.
The SoundTouch library is intended for application developers writing sound processing tools that require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example utility SoundStretch for processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
Access the source codes in gitlab or download the compiled executables.
ASAP (Another Slight Atari Player) plays and converts 8-bit Atari music (*.sap, *.cmc, *.mpt, *.rmt, *.tmc, …) on modern computers and mobile devices.
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins:
foobarCon is a Foobar2000 remote controller app for Android. foobarCon needs Foobar2000 components to be installed for proper operation.