A modern music player focused on streaming from free sources.
- Searching for and playing music from YouTube (including integration with playlists), Jamendo, and SoundCloud
- Searching for albums (powered by Last.fm and Discogs), album view, automatic song lookup based on artist and track name (in progress, can be dodgy sometimes)
- Song queue, which can be exported as a playlist
- Loading saved playlists (stored in json files)
- Scrobbling to last.fm (along with updating the ‘now playing’ status)
- Newest releases with reviews – tracks and albums
- Browsing by genre
- Radio mode (automatically queue similar tracks)
- Unlimited downloads (powered by youtube)
- Realtime lyrics
- Browsing by popularity
- List of favorite tracks
- Listen from local library
XMMS is a multimedia player for unix systems. XMMS stands for X MultiMedia System and can play media files such as MP3, MOD’s, WAV and others with the use of Input plugins.
XMMS is mainly targeted at music playback, but through third party plugins some rudimentary video capabilities exists, but there are much better systems other than XMMS for video support.
It was modeled after winamp from the Windows operating system. XMMS is not a port of Winamp but was written from scratch by Mikael and Peter Alm.
IMMS is an intelligent playlist plug-in for XMMS that tracks your listening patterns and dynamically adapts to your taste. It is incredibly unobtrusive and easy to use as it requires no direct user interaction.
- Supported audio formats: FLAC, WAV, AIFF.
- BitPerfect, zero CPU load streaming.
- Support for high-quality bit-depth upconversion.
- Support for VST 2.x plugins.
- Gapless playback.
- WASAPI (Exclusive mode) output.
fmedia is a fast media player/recorder/converter for Windows, macOS, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It’s highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook’s battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.