WildMIDI is a simple software MIDI player which has a core software synthesizer (softsynth) library that can be used with other applications.www.mindwerks.net/projects/wildmidi
It forgets history, To not repeat it.
It doesn’t hide analog music hardware, In digital music software.
You had pulse, sine, triangle and sawtooth, And went forth and made electronic music.
Now there is just the Bezier curve. Go make your pulse, sine, triangle and sawtooths. Or this, this, this and this.
TOPLAP Nick thinks this is nothing new, His old men did it in the 60s, Punching numbers into cards.
Now you edit waveforms with a GUI, And watch the sound change before your ears.
Has it got ADSR? It’s got DADSARSADS.
Filters? No because Additive not Subtractive.
Modulation? Bezier on Carrier and Modulator. Wolf that Chowning.
Notes? Yes + Infinite microtones in between.
Input? MIDI Keyboard. Computer keyboard.
Yet another simple monophonic drum synth. Yes, inspired by 1970’s drum synths.
- Punchy pseudo attack sound. (“ATTACK” dial is for volume, not attack rate)
- Dynamic LFO and SWEEP generator.
- Rectangle wave is made of simulated RC circuits. Also has additional saw wave for VCO and LFO.
TAL-NoiseMaker is a virtual analog synthesizer with great sound and low CPU usage.
- 3 Oscillators
Osc 1, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, pulse, noise).
Osc 2, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, rectangle, triangle, sine).
Sub Osc (rectangle).
- Osc 1 PM for pulse waveform.
- Osc 2 FM controled by Osc 1.
- Osc 1 & Osc 2 sync to sub osc (saw, pulse, rectangle, triangle(bipolar sync)).
- Adjustable master tune and transpose.
- Up to 6 voices.
- Portamento in mono and poly mode (off, auto, on).
- Ringmod modulates Osc 1 with Osc 2
- Self resonating 4x oversampled filters (24 dB LP, 18 dB LP, 12 dB LP, 6 dB LP, 12 dB HP, 12 dB BP, Notch)
- Filter ADSR (negative and positive)
- Volume ADSR
- Routable ADSR, modulates Filter, Osc 1, Osc 2, PW, FM (negative and positive)
- 2 LFO’s with different running modes: free, sync to host, triggered by note.
Modulates filter, osc 1, osc 2, fm, pw, lfo rate, panorama and volume.
Sine, triangle, saw square, s&h, noise.
Positive and negative modulation.
- Adjustable Velocity dependent control over volume filtercontour and cutoff.
- Adjustable Pitch Wheel control over Cutoff and Pitch.
- One pole HP filter.
- Detune, detunes notes randomly.
- Juno chorus with different modes.
- A built in reverb.
- A built in delay.
- Adjustable filter drive.
- Bitcrusher, affects osc 1 and osc 2. Its a pre the filter stage effect.
- Midi learn for all knobs.
- Panic button.
- Easy to use, no hidden panels.
- 256 great presets (Presets by Frank “Xenox” Neumann / Particular – Sound, The Unshushable Coktor, Alexandra Sendy, TAL, Patrick Kunz).
Charlatan is a polyphonic, subtractive virtual analog (VA) synthesizer VSTi plugin with focus on sound quality and easy usability. It comes with a flexible, yet not overwhelming feature set which encourages artists to start tweaking instead of just relying on presets. In spite of it’s simplicity, Charlatan’s architecture is flexible enough to create both classic sounds and rather experimental noises. While making no compromise about sound quality, the sound engine has been highly optimized for efficient CPU usage making Charlatan well suited as a “bread and butter” synth even in projects with a large number of plugin instances. Best of all, it’s freeware! Enjoy!
- 2 oscillators with shape modulation
- Oscillator hard synchronization and ring modulation
- Unison mode with up to seven voices and stereo spread
- Stereo noise generator
- 2 ADSR envelope generators
- LFO with host tempo synchronization
- 3 filter types modeled after classic analog hardware: 4-pole (24 db/oct) and 2-pole (12 db/oct) lowpass, bandpass
- 3 voice modes: Monophonic, Monophonic Legato and 8-voice Polyphonic
- Ultra-low CPU usage
A software synthesizer intended for use with DTM software. Supports VSTi plug-in / AU plug-in format. This software is freeware. Functionally, it is modeled after the red synth Clavia NORD LEAD2 and has the following features:
- 2 Oscillator + 1 Sub Oscillator, FM Modulation, Ring Modulation, Synchro, Modulation Envelope
- 4 types of filters and distortion
- 2LFO (host sync possible)
- Equipped with arpeggiator (host synchronization)
- Equipped with tempo delay (host synchronization) and stereo chorus / flanger
- Legato mode, portamento
- 32-tone polyphonic
- With 128 preset tones.
- Thorough reduction in operation weight. Use of SSE, etc.
- Automation compatible
SunVox is a small, fast and powerful music sequencer with modular synthesizers. This application is addressed at all those who want to compose music everywhere they go.
Built-in synthesizers: FM; Generator; Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI); SpectraVoice (FFT-based synth for analog-like pads); Kicker; Stereo Delay; Distortion; Echo; Filter; Vocal Filter; Flanger; LFO; Loop; Reverb.
Features and highlights:
- Modular interface
- Highly optimized synth algorithms
- Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on various devices
- Built-in synthesizers & effects
- Analog Generator
- DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds
- FM synthesizer
- MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects)
You have the need for professional and state-of-the-art audio plug-ins – but don’t have thousands of bucks to spend on it? Then we believe you will love Calf Studio Gear! Focused on high-quality sound processing and a highly usable interface Calf Studio Gear is designed to give you a professional production environment for your open source operating system. Play your SF2 sample banks, create filthy organs, fatten your sounds with phasers, delays, reverbs and other FX, process your recordings with gates, compressors, deesser and finally master your stuff with multiband dynamics – for free! Calf Studio Gear is available exclusively for LINUX-based operating systems and runs as a stand-alone effect rack connectable through Jack sound server or as plug-ins in every audio host that is able to fire up LV2 compliant devices, e.g. the highly recommended Ardour Audio Workstation
Beast is a digital synthesizer and music creation system, released as Free Software under the GNU LGPL-2.1+. It has support for Linux Audio Plugins (LADSPA), multi-track editing, unlimited undo, real-time synthesis, MIDI and various audio formats like WAV, AIFF, Vorbis, Soundfont 2, Gus Patch, FLAC and MP3 files, 32bit audio rendering, full duplex support, multi-core audio rendering, SIMD utilisation, precise timing at sample granularity, FFT spectrograms and MIDI automation. The project is translated into a variety of languages.