Plan 9 Music Player
With some stuff one expects from a music player:
- gapless playback
- good metadata support
- basic livestreams (ie. IceCast) support
Plan 9 Music Player
With some stuff one expects from a music player:
With the AudioStation player you can easy listen to the most common music files like *.mp3 and *.wav etc. Just click on the music file and the Audiostation will automatically start playing your favorite music.
Tuniac is an iTunes style media player / manager for Windows, with an advanced playlist editor, search as you type and queue support.
This Java Modplayer plays *.mod, *.xm, *.s3m, *.stm, *.wow, *.it (all with interpolation), MP3s, *.sid, *.ogg, *.flac, *.ape, WAV, MIDI, RMI, AU, AIFF. It also supports playlists like PLS, M3U and cue-sheets.
To start the player you may just double click the jar or use:
java -jar ./javamod.jaror (for just commandline)
java -cp ./javamod.jar de.quippy.javamod.main.CommandLine.
This player can be run as a console application, with its swing GUI.
Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt framework. It uses GStreamer as audio backend. Sayonara is open source and uses the GPLv3 license. One of Sayonara’s goals is intuitive and easy usability. Currently, it is only available for Linux and BSD. Although Sayonara can be considered as a lightweight player, it has a lot of features in order to organize even big music collections. In contrast to the heavyweight players, the main focus of Sayonara is performance, low CPU usage and low memory consumption. Sayonara is a great alternative to players like Rhythmbox, Clementine or Amarok. Those who miss Winamp for Linux should give Sayonara a try.
Managing your library: You can manage your library by artists, albums, genres or file paths. Sayonara contains a sophisticated tag editor helping you to keep your collection clean. You can hold multiple playlists simultaneously, save/rename/delete or export them to common playlist file formats. With the multi library feature you can manage multiple directories as stand-alone libraries and copy and move tracks from one to another. There are even more complex library plugins like Soundcloud or SomaFM support.
Directory view: Some people don’t have a perfect tagged library and are more interested in the directory structure of their libraries. Sayonara provides various features to access and edit your music in the directory view.
Plugins: In addition, there are some useful plugins helping to enhance your comfort while listening. Some interesting plugins are the equalizer, a speed/pitch control, a crossfader, bookmarks for tracks and a broadcasting function.
Webstreams and Podcasts: You can record all tracks streamed from the internet. Your saved tracks automatically tagged, of course. When listening to ordinary webstreams, a history of all played tracks can be displayed. If webstreams or podcasts contain some chapter information, Sayonara also uses this information in order to provide fast jumping within these tracks.
Can create different Last.fm related playlists:
- loved tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- recent tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- top tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours over different periods.
- top tracks of an artist.
- top tracks of artists similar to an artist.
- top tracks with certain tag.
- tracks similar to a track.
- love, unlove, ban and unban a track on your Last.fm account.
- add a track to a custom playlist on your Last.fm account.
- save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths). This makes it possible to easily share playlists with other people. Also when you restructure your library (change location of your music files), these playlists will continue to work.
Another type of Foobar2000’s playlists are randomly generated autoplaylists where songs, or groups of songs, are selected randomly from a pool of the same. By predefining a subset of a media library, “pools” of refined selections can be created and then drawn from.
foo_random_pools is a foobar2000 component for creating random playlist entries selected and grouped by various pool definitions.
Let’s say you want a playlist of random blues albums from your library.
PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player for Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Windows, OSX and GP2X.
You can use this program to play your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. No songs are provided, you must obtain these from elsewhere.
Visit here to find out more about what a CDG or MP3+G file is. In short, CDG is the format of professional karaoke CDs. These CDs can be ripped to your hard disk, and turned into a .mp3 file together with a .cdg file. This player gives you the ability to play those mp3+cdg files.
- CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G, WAV+G) playback – Play standard CDG karaoke files
- MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback – Play MIDI format karaoke files
- MPEG playback – Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format
- Other formats – Play any other video formats by launching an external media player
- Playlist – Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy
- Searchable song database – Easily find your songs from the main screen
- Search inside ZIP files – Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files
- Cross-platform – Runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX and GP2X
- Mini Frontend – Additional mini-frontend for low res displays and handhelds
- Export to MPEG – Convert CDG and KAR files to MPG files (command line only)
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins: