Lets say you have a USB-Stick for your car entertainment system plus an Android device. Sure you want to have some music in your car and on your Android. But your car only accepts MP3 and needs a special folder-layout while your Android device plays many formats, but you want to save space and therefore want lower bitrates. And at least you want to have different albums and playlists in your car then on your Android. FoobarSync will help you to meet those demands plus more.
FoobarSync will get a subset of items from your Medialibrary AND your playlists, defined by a search-query and other rules. The selected items can be defined per target (one configuration file per target). This configuration file is stored in the root folder of the target. When synchronizing each item is checked against the defined rule sets and then a) copied to the target or b) converted to the target. If your subset (choosen items) in foobar2000 changes, these changes will get synchonized as soon as you rerun FoobarSync.
A graphical (Qt5) client for MPD, supporting the following features:
- Supports Linux, macOS, Windows, and Haiku. NOTE: Only Linux actively supported as of 2.3.3
- Multiple MPD collections.
- Highly customisable layout.
- Songs (optionally) grouped by album in play queue.
- Context view to show artist, album, and song information of current track.
- Simple tag editor.
- File organizer – use tags to organize files and folders.
- Ability to calculate ReplyGain tags. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Dynamic playlists.
- Smart Playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts.
- Radio stream support – with the ability to search for streams via TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
- USB-Mass-Storage and MTP device support. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Audio CD ripping and playback. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Playback of non-MPD songs – via simple in-built HTTP server.
- MPRISv2 DBUS interface.
- Ratings support.
- “Partitions” support.
OooPlayer is a free audio player for Microsoft® Windows®. It has a clean, lightweight user interface and it is also friendly with your computer resources. It is one of the best candidates if you’re looking for an alternative to Winamp® or just looking for a simple, easy-to-use music and radio player. It’s written in Delphi and uses Bass library and its plugins from www.un4seen.com
The listed versions are clean, without no bundles/installers and it has support for most popular audio formats (see below in the features section). This player is released under the GNU General Public License version 2.0 and is available in two versions: installer and portable.
- user-friendly and with a low impact on resource usage
- support for most audio formats: MP3, FLAC, OGG, MPC, WMA, AC3, SPX, AAC, ALAC, APE, TTA, OFR, WV, OPUS, TAK etc.
- support for gapless playback (uninterrupted playback of sequential/consecutive audio tracks)
- support for M3U and M3U8 playlists
- integrated lyric downloader (it doesn’t work with certain files such as covers)
- save your own playlists in M3U, M3U8 or PPF format
- built-in support for radio stations (huge list available) including details about the current radio
- multiple options available: shuffle, repeat, search, jump, find etc.
- available as installer and portable version.
Musicboard is a social platform that allows you to keep track of all the music you listen to and grow your passion for music with friends. Write reviews, rate albums, and compile lists in music’s fastest growing community.
FiiO Music App is designed to maximize the experience of music lovers. Download the FiiO Music app today to start your journey to rediscover your music!
Aural Player is an audio player for macOS. Inspired by the classic Winamp player for Windows, it is designed to be to-the-point, easy to use, and customizable, with support for a wide variety of popular audio formats and some sound tuning capabilities for audio enthusiasts.
Plan 9 Music Player
With some stuff one expects from a music player:
- gapless playback
- good metadata support
- basic livestreams (ie. IceCast) support
With the AudioStation player you can easy listen to the most common music files like *.mp3 and *.wav etc. Just click on the music file and the Audiostation will automatically start playing your favorite music.
- With original Creative Labs™ sample files (reggae.mid, jaz.mid, etc.)
- Support for multiple playlists (.wpl, .pls, .m3u, etc.)
- Track repeat and random shuffle functions
- Supporting languages: English & Dutch
- Plays all common audio files like .mp3, .wav, *mid, etc.
- Midi Player, Wav Player, Mp3 Player & CD Player
- Also support for *.cda, *.m4a, *.ra, *.rm, *act, *.act, *.caf, *.wsaud, *.w64, *.ogg, *.amo, *.voc
- With Floppy, Tape and CD-ROM animations
- Working mixing sliders
- With audio record function
- With audio capture function to record speaker sound
- Support for Commodore64 sound files (*.sid)
Tuniac is an iTunes style media player / manager for Windows, with an advanced playlist editor, search as you type and queue support.
- Search as you type
- Advanced queueing
- Supports many audio formats
- OpenGL Sonique Visual Plugin renderer
- Small cpu and memory footprint
- MPEG-1 Audio (mp3, mp2, mp1)
- FLAC (flac, fla, oga, ogg)
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac, m4a, m4b, mp4)
- Apple Lossless Audio Codec aka ALAC (m4a)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- Vorbis (ogg)
- Opus (opus)
- WavPack (wv)
- TAK Audio (tak)
- TrueAudio (tta)
- Monkeys Audio (ape, mac)
- Musepack (mpc, mp+, mpp)
- OptimFrog (ofr, ofs)
- Shorten (shn)
- Dolby Digital (ac3)
- DSD (dff, dfs)
- PCM (wav, aif)
- CD Audio (cda)
- Speex (spx)
- MOD Formats (mod, mo3, xm, it, s3m, mtm)
- Game Audio Formats (adx, umx)
- MIDI (mid)
- radio streaming of most the above formats.
This Java Modplayer plays *.mod, *.xm, *.s3m, *.stm, *.wow, *.it (all with interpolation), MP3s, *.sid, *.ogg, *.flac, *.ape, WAV, MIDI, RMI, AU, AIFF. It also supports playlists like PLS, M3U and cue-sheets.
To start the player you may just double click the jar or use:
java -jar ./javamod.jaror (for just commandline)
java -cp ./javamod.jar de.quippy.javamod.main.CommandLine.
This player can be run as a console application, with its swing GUI.