This is an OpenGL bars visualization plugin (as seen in XMMS and XBMC/Kodi). It’s adapted from the jack_glbars project by Nedko Arnaudov. glBars works as a JACK standalone and audio plugin (LV2 or VST).
Zrythm is a cross-platform digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use. Automate almost anything with automation events using straight lines, ramps and curves, or with LFOs and envelopes. Featuring a chord pad for quickly trying out chords in a scale and a chord track to help with chord progressions.
Complete support for LV2 and VST2, with experimental support for VST3, AU, SFZ and SF2. Fully JACK aware, including support for JACK transport, ALSA, WASAPI, Windows MME, CoreMidi and CoreAudio.
Zrythm is free software. Use, study, share and improve it freely. Available in multiple languages including English, French, Galician, Portuguese, Japanese and German.
Carla is a fully-featured modular audio plugin host, with support for many audio drivers and plugin formats. It has some nice features like transport control, automation of parameters via MIDI CC and remote control over OSC.
Carla currently supports LADSPA (including LRDF), DSSI, LV2, VST2, VST3 and AU plugin formats, plus SF2 and SFZ file support. It uses JACK as the default and preferred audio driver but also supports native drivers like ALSA, DirectSound or CoreAudio.
There are 4 types of engine processing:
- Single-client: (JACK driver only)
Same as Multi-client, except that all JACK ports belong to a single master client.
This is needed when a setup doesn’t support multi-client JACK apps, such as LADISH.
- Multi-client: (JACK driver only)
Every single plugin is exposed as a new JACK client. Audio and MIDI ports are registered as needed.
Plugins are processed in order, from top to bottom.
Plugins with non-stereo audio channels are not supported, but a forced-stereo option is available for Mono ones.
Modular patchbay mode, just like in JACK Multi-client and many other modular applications.
Every plugin gets its own canvas group and ports allowing you to interconnect plugin audio and MIDI.
XMMS is a multimedia player for unix systems. XMMS stands for X MultiMedia System and can play media files such as MP3, MOD’s, WAV and others with the use of Input plugins.
XMMS is mainly targeted at music playback, but through third party plugins some rudimentary video capabilities exists, but there are much better systems other than XMMS for video support.
It was modeled after winamp from the Windows operating system. XMMS is not a port of Winamp but was written from scratch by Mikael and Peter Alm.
IMMS is an intelligent playlist plug-in for XMMS that tracks your listening patterns and dynamically adapts to your taste. It is incredibly unobtrusive and easy to use as it requires no direct user interaction.
AV Linux is a free shared downloadable and installable snapshot ISO image based on Debian/GNU Linux pre-configured to be a turnkey AV content creation system pre-configured and ready to “Install and Create”.
- Originates from 32bit and 64bit snapshots of the Debian Stable Distribution.
- Custom Realtime Preempt Kernel for optimal low-latency Audio potential.
- CPU governed for performance by default.
- Extra tweaks for performance, meets all criteria of the included Realtime Configuration Quick Scan.
- Some special custom packaging not found in default Repositories.
- Fast and Light XFCE4 Desktop Environment with attractive customizations.
- falkTX’s KXStudio Repositories for up to date Audio Applications.
- Extensive Audio/Video and Administrator-friendly Custom Actions.
- Seamless JACK Audio/MIDI environment with PulseAudio Integration.
- Extended Application platforms Flatpak and Docker included.
- Robust Environment for developers: Compilers, GIT, SVN, BZR, tools and development libs.
- Mozilla builds of Firefox and Thunderbird.
Rakarrack is a richly featured multi-effects processor emulating a guitar effects pedalboard. Effects include compressor, expander, noise gate, graphic equalizer, parametric equalizer, exciter, shuffle, convolotron, valve, flanger, dual flange, chorus, musical delay, arpie, echo with reverse playback, musical delay, reverb, digital phaser, analogic phaser, synthfilter, varyband, ring, wah-wah, alien-wah, mutromojo, harmonizer, looper and four flexible distortion modules including sub-octave modulation and dirty octave up. Most of the effects engine is built from modules found in the excellent software synthesizer ZynAddSubFX. Presets and user interface are optimized for guitar, but Rakarrack processes signals in stereo while it does not apply internal band-limiting filtering, and thus is well suited to all musical instruments and vocals. Rakarrack is designed for Linux distributions with Jack Audio Connection Kit.
Bristol is synth emulation package for a diverse range of vintage synthesisers, electric pianos and organs. The application consists of a multithreaded audio synthesizer and a user interface called brighton.
- Over thirty emulators to mix and match
- Multitimbral engine
- Simultaneous splits and layers of different emulators
- Distributed graphical user interface and engine
- ALSA Audio and MIDI support
- Jack Audio and MIDI support
- OSS Audio and MIDI support
- LADI Session Manager support
- JACK Session Manager support
- Text Based Command Line Interface option
- Monophonic key preference note logic option
DarkIce records audio from an audio interface (e.g. sound card), encodes it and sends it to a streaming server.
DarkIce can record from:
DarkIce can encode in the following formats:
DarkIce can send the encoded stream to the following streaming servers:
jack-keyboard is a virtual MIDI keyboard – a program that allows you to send JACK MIDI events ( 😉 play using your PC keyboard). It’s BSD-licensed. User interface is GTK-based.
Jalv is a simple but fully featured LV2 host for Jack. It runs LV2 plugins and exposes their ports as Jack ports, essentially making any LV2 plugin function as a Jack application.