You have the need for professional and state-of-the-art audio plug-ins – but don’t have thousands of bucks to spend on it? Then we believe you will love Calf Studio Gear! Focused on high-quality sound processing and a highly usable interface Calf Studio Gear is designed to give you a professional production environment for your open source operating system. Play your SF2 sample banks, create filthy organs, fatten your sounds with phasers, delays, reverbs and other FX, process your recordings with gates, compressors, deesser and finally master your stuff with multiband dynamics – for free! Calf Studio Gear is available exclusively for LINUX-based operating systems and runs as a stand-alone effect rack connectable through Jack sound server or as plug-ins in every audio host that is able to fire up LV2 compliant devices, e.g. the highly recommended Ardour Audio Workstation
CHOW is a digital distortion effect designed for maximum truculence, somewhere between a true half-wave rectifier and a noisy vintage compressor. Useful for mixing guitars, drums, even vocals when a heavily degraded sound is desired. Feel free to build and use for your own enjoyment!
A group of audio DAW plug-ins targeting Windows (VST), Mac (VST/AU), and Linux, mostly for guitar amplifier simulation, with the C-120 being the flagship product (which started off long ago as a closed-source VST). Open source, mostly under GPL.
- Up to 128-bit (internal) Multi-Stage Guitar Amplifier Layered Distortion, also runs in 64 and 32 bit modes
- Native Mac and Linux ports coming soon
- Advanced maths for tube-like guitar amplifier distortion, doesn’t use cheap waveshaping
- Designed with dynamic response that changes according to the input level – Much more than just a basic “sample in, sample out”
- Up to 12x Internal Oversampling, separate controls for live/online and off-line render
- Multi-Band EQ – low, mid, high, contour, presence
- Built-in custom convolution-based cab-mic effect, works with almost any sample rate and/or audio buffer size
- New version of C120 has less clutter in GUI, separate page for advanced features
- No commercial bloat!
- GPL license, but just for the plug-in itself
- Any rendered/processed audio is YOURS (any license you want)!
- Hand-Coded in C++, pre-fab code or “wizards” were NOT used to build this!
- Primarily built with MinGW-w64 and Code::Blocks IDE
- NEW Jykwrakker plugin also features custom stereo reverb FX you won’t find elsewhere.
- NEW Source code available under zlib license (long overdue)