LASTAR is a batch (non-interactive) audio processor for loudness adjustment and file splitting of a batch of audio recordings, using an audio transparent maximizer.
At the opposite of usual available software, loudness normalization is done on signal power, which leads to a louder and more homogeneous result than the usual “peak” normalization, in particular on live recordings.
Its purpose is:
- to split, equalize and normalize digitized analog tapes or vinyl
- to split, equalize and normalize live recordings from microphones (ex ZOOM H2 recordings)
- fast and homogeneous normalization of a group of files (compilation for instance)
- loudness and dynamic reduction for listening in a noisy environment (car…)
- and so on…
This software aims to be very fast and easy to use : the most efficient computing techniques have been implemented, and there are very few parameters to set (most of them are automatically adjusted by analyzing the file).
- an automatic RMS normalizer,
- an Automatic Gain Controller (compressor)
- a 10 bands automatic equalizer
- a 3 bands semi-parametric equalizer
- a file splitter
- a noise gate
- preset management
- a preview function.
Flacon extracts individual tracks from one big audio file containing the entire album of music and saves them as separate audio files.
To do this, it uses information from the appropriate CUE file. Besides, Flacon makes it possible to conveniently revise or specify tags both for all tracks at once or for each tag separately.
- Supported input formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, True Audio (TTA).
- Supported out formats: FLAC, WAV, WavPack, AAC, OGG or MP3.
- ReplayGain analysis (album-gain and track-gain modes).
- Multi-threaded conversion process.
- Automatic character set detection for CUE files.
- Generation of the pertrack CUE file in the output dir.
Mp3Splt-project is a cross-platform utility to split mp3, ogg vorbis and native FLAC files by selecting a begin and an end time position, without decoding. It’s very useful to split large mp3, ogg vorbis or FLAC files to make smaller files or to split entire albums to obtain original tracks. If you want to split an album, you can select split points and filenames manually, you can get them automatically from CDDB (internet or a local file) or from .cue files. Also supports automatic silence splitting, which can be used to adjust cddb/cue split points. Trimming using silence detection is also available. You can extract tracks from Mp3Wrap or AlbumWrap files in few seconds.