Switch between default audio input or output + change volume.
Volume Limiter is a small application that allows you to set a maximum volume limit on your windows PC. This is designed to protect children from turning the volume up to a level that would damage their hearing.
The application can be password protected to prevent children from changing your defined limit. The application runs in the background and minimizes to the system tray. Volume settings, the lock or unlocked status, and password information are stored in the windows registry. If the application is set to start up upon login (by placing it in the startup group) it will load the previous settings.
This application is compatible with Windows Vista, 7 and 8 and will run on 32 bit or 64 bit systems.
- Can be password protected
- Volume level and lock status auto-saved to registry
- Minimizes to system tray rather than task bar
- Lightweight (Uses 2MB of system RAM when running)
Flutterbird is a free, open-source effect plugin for adding pitch and volume fluctuation to incoming audio. It can be used for traditional wow/flutter effects as well as more chaotic, extreme modulation. Flutterbird has four separate oscillators with adjustable speeds that can be mapped to either pitch or volume.
SoundVolumeView is a simple tool for Windows Vista/7/8/2008/10 that displays general information and current volume level for all active sound components on your system, and allows you to mute and unmute them instantly. SoundVolumeView also allows you to save a sound profile into a file, containing the current volume level and the mute / unmute state of all sound components, as well as the default sound devices, and then later, load the same file to restore exactly the same volume levels and settings. There is also extensive command-line support, which allows you to save/load profiles, change current volume of every sound component, and mute / unmute every sound component, without displaying any user interface.
Connect your smartphone via this program and control the volume of all your applications with your Android device.
- Advanced Windows 10 volume control
- Control the volume from your smartphone
Automatic Volume Mixer is a tool that allows automatization of Windows Volume Mixer based on user rules. You can open the Volume Mixer by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray and selecting Open Volume Mixer. This application is an automatic version of that applet.
Common usage examples:
- Pausing your audio player (e.g. foobar2000) whenever any other application makes a noise, and resuming playback once the noise is gone. This enables you to keep your audio player running in the background at all times.
- Briefly muting all applications while a notification is playing.
- Forcing application’s volume to a set level.
- Automatically lowering volume during night.
- Launching processes / popups when some application makes noise.
- Detect volume levels of applications and act on that information.
- Fully configurable rules for detection, filtering, and executing actions.
- Ability to automatically adjust audio levels of applications.
- Visualize Audio with Multi-Channel Aware Peaking
- Standalone Volume Mixer
- Move Apps Between Playback Devices
- Default playback device management
- Automatic updates via the Microsoft Store
- Support for light/dark mode and all accent colors
- Configurable hotkey
- Modern context menus
- Growing multi-lingual support
- Cairo Shell support