WAV to AC3 Encoder an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specificationwieslawsoltes.github.io/wavtoac3encoder/
CamelCrusher is a free ‘colouring’ multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
There’s also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter with buckets of resonance. Assign a MIDI controller and start tweaking!
Finally, let’s not forget the easiest-to-use compressor you’ll find anywhere. It can ‘phatten’ up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the ‘Amount’ knob! Find out more in the manual.
Best of all, CamelCrusher is available free of charge!
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with ‘Phat’ mode.
- Powerful ‘MIDI Learn’ function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration.”
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The concept is “proudly digital” in the sense that it doesn’t try to emulate any previously existing device. This is the original!
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode previews the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated, click free bypass (i.e. processing never interrupted)
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
EdgeSounds’ RatHole (former GenieSys RatHole) is a free unique nondestructive universal compression utility. Its function is based on a principle of self-training neural networks. EdgeSounds RatHole was especially designed for nondestructive compression of any files containing audio data in PCM 8/16/24 bit or IEEE_FLOAT 32 bit format.
A new EdgeSounds compression algorithm makes it possible to efficiently reduce the size of packed audio data and later unpack exactly same bits, with no difference to the original data. The compression algorithm compresses audio data, considering the bit depth of the digital data contained in the audio file (8/16/24/32 bit). The algorithm is proven to be equally effective on compressing the following file types:
- Audio files WAV, AU, AIFF, SND;
- Ensoniq Paris PAS;
- Sample sound banks such as:
- AVM Apex bank file APEX
- Aureal sound bank ARL
- Creative Labs/E-mu System SoundFont banks format 1&2.x SBK, SF2;
- Downloadable sounds level 1&2 DLS;
- Ensoniq EPS Files EFE, Ensoniq Instruments family files INS, Ensoniq Disk Image GKH;
- Gravis Ultrasound /Forte Patch PAT;
- Kurzweil 2000-2600 files KRZ;
- Nemesys/Tascam GIG;
- Seer Systems Reality banks SEERBANKSET;
- Turtle Beach WaveFront Bank WFB;
- Virtual Sampler bank VSB;
- Multi-track audio data as Cakewalk/Sonar BUN, CWB;
- Impulse Tracker instrument ITI, Fast Tracker 2 instrument XI;
- any other formats containing audio data
The compression ratio of the algorithm depends on the size of audio data, the balance between the tone and noise component, bit depth and other factors, and usually varies from 36% to 78% or even more, with an average of 48-56%. The higher is the bit depth and the fidelity of audio data, the better is the compression ratio.
The RatHole can be successfully used as a common archiving utility for any other file types as well.
TAK stands for (T)om’s lossless (A)audio (k)ompressor. Besides, it’s a throwback to a (not very philanthropic) character from Stephen King’s “Regulators”. Early semi-public evaluation versions operated under the working title YALAC .
- High compression . The strongest mode is on a par with Monkey’s Audio High and OptimFrog’s Normal; for specific files such as classical music or voice recordings, it often outperforms both. This classification is based on the evaluation of hundreds of files of various styles; it definitely does not apply to every single file.
- High compression speed . I am currently not aware of any other compressor that works faster than TAK’s Turbo or Fast mode and achieves similar compression rates.
- Multi-core compressor . The compressor optionally generates up to four threads in order to take advantage of multi-core cpus.
- Very high decompression speed . It is at the level of FLAC and therefore significantly higher than most symmetrical compressors.
- Support for every popular audio format (not yet fully implemented).
- Streaming support . An info frame, which contains all the information required for decoding, is inserted into the compressed audio data every 2 seconds.
- Fault tolerance . A single bit error never damages the audio data for more than a maximum of 250 ms, since it is stored in completely independent frames of a maximum of this duration. The decoder processes even extremely damaged files, optionally replacing or removing the affected data with silence.
- Error detection . Every single frame is protected by a 24-bit checksum (CRC).
- MD5 checksums for quick identification of audio material (e.g. for searching for duplicates).
- Fast, sample-accurate access to any playback position . The file header contains a look-up table with index positions every second. Even without this table, efficient random access is possible; for this purpose, the synchronization codes of the frame headers and / or the offset values optionally recorded in the frame header, which refer to the beginning of the previous and next frame, can be used.
- Metadata . A flexible and expandable structure allows the recording of non-audio data such as images or cuesheets.
- Playback plugins for Winamp and Foobar are currently available.
- An SDK provides other developers with decoding functions for integration into their applications. An extension to include coding functions is planned.
dsfTAKSource ~ TAK DirectShow Source Filter
- Playback TAK audio files in any DirectShow Player (Windows Media Player, MediaPlayerClassic, …)
- Now supporting TAK 2.2.0 (multi-channel audio, …)
- Support UNICODE filenames and Sample Rates > 44.1 KHz
- Upgrade: now correctly works in Windows 7 64bit ! (and other 64bit Windows versions)
You have the need for professional and state-of-the-art audio plug-ins – but don’t have thousands of bucks to spend on it? Then we believe you will love Calf Studio Gear! Focused on high-quality sound processing and a highly usable interface Calf Studio Gear is designed to give you a professional production environment for your open source operating system. Play your SF2 sample banks, create filthy organs, fatten your sounds with phasers, delays, reverbs and other FX, process your recordings with gates, compressors, deesser and finally master your stuff with multiband dynamics – for free! Calf Studio Gear is available exclusively for LINUX-based operating systems and runs as a stand-alone effect rack connectable through Jack sound server or as plug-ins in every audio host that is able to fire up LV2 compliant devices, e.g. the highly recommended Ardour Audio Workstation
Our RoughRider compressor is one of the most popular dynamics processors on the planet, with well over a half a million downloads over its decade-plus lifespan, and is in heavy daily use by producers the world over. With RoughRider 3, we’ve expanded the original to include an external sidechain input, the ability to turn off the built-in “warming” filter (the FULL BANDWIDTH button), and much more accurate metering.
Monkey’s Audio is a fast and easy way to compress digital music. Unlike traditional methods such as mp3, ogg, or wma that permanently discard quality to save space, Monkey’s Audio only makes perfect, bit-for-bit copies of your music. That means it always sounds perfect – exactly the same as the original. Even though the sound is perfect, it still saves a lot of space (think of it as a beefed-up Winzip™ your music). The other great thing is that you can always decompress your Monkey’s Audio files back to the exact, original files. That way, you’ll never have to recopy your CD collection to switch formats, and you’ll always be able to perfectly recreate the original music CD.
exhale, which is an acronym for “Ecodis eXtended High-efficiency And Low-complexity Encoder”, is a lightweight library and application to encode uncompressed WAVE-format audio files into MPEG-4 format files complying with the ISO/IEC 23003-3 (MPEG-D) Unified Speech and Audio Coding (USAC, also known as Extended High-Efficiency AAC) standard. In addition, exhale writes program peak-level and loudness data into the generated MPEG-4 files according to the ISO/IEC 23003-4, Dynamic Range Control (DRC) specification for use by decoders providing DRC. exhale currently makes use of all frequency-domain (FD) coding tools in the scale factor based MDCT processing path, except for predictive joint stereo, which is still being integrated. Its objective is high quality mono, stereo, and multichannel coding at medium and high bit rates, so the lower-rate USAC coding tools (ACELP, TCX, Enhanced SBR and MPEG Surround with Unified Stereo coding) won’t be integrated.