A GTK2/GTK3 interface to MPlayer. The power of MPlayer combined with a friendly interface for your desktop; You can play all your multimedia (audio, video, CD, DVDs, and VCDs, streams etc.), organize, sort and create playlists, take screenshots while playing videos, be notified about media changes. Full DVD and MKV chapter support, when supported by Mplayer. Subtitle support with the ability to specify preferred audio and subtitle languages if the media supports it. Support for cover art retrieval from Amazon.com for audio media files with artist and/or album information contained in the file.
Subsonic is a web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music and video collection. More than 20 apps are available for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Roku, Chumby, Sonos etc. Supports virtually all media formats, converting files on the fly. Also includes a Podcast receiver and jukebox feature allowing you to control what’s playing on your computer from your mobile phone.
- Enjoy your music and movies no matter where you are. Share with family and friends.
- Browse and manage your media collection with the user-friendly web interface.
- Stream music to Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
- Subsonic apps available for Roku, BlackBerry Playbook and many more.
- Convert and stream lossless music on the fly.
- Manage 100,000+ files in your music collection without hassle.
- Download and listen to Podcasts.
- Get cover art, lyrics, reviews and other album info from Google, Chartlyrics, allmusic and Wikipedia.
netjukebox is a web-based media jukebox for MPD, VideoLAN and Winamp/httpQ. netjukebox is open source under the GNU GPL license.
Client and server on one computer. So you can play your favorite music and video from your local hard disk.
Client / Server:
Play music and video from any computer in your network. A working network share is required.
Remotely control MPD, VideoLAN or Winamp from any computer.
Native HTML5 audio streaming support. Automatic M3U/HLS fallback for unsupported clients.
Download the original file or transcode to another format or bitrate. Generate PDF cd-covers on the fly.
A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
GNUMP3d is a streaming server for MP3s, OGG vorbis files, movies and other media formats.
It is designed to be:
- Small, stable, portable, self-contained, and secure.
- Simple to install, configure, and use.
- Portable across different varieties of Unix, the GNU Operating System, and Microsoft Windows platforms.
A GTK+ Shoutcast / Icecast client with two main media players, a jingles player, crossfader, ogg and mp3 streaming, stream automation timers, aux input, Voice and VoIP integration. File formats: mp3, ogg, flac, wma, wav, m4a, m3u, pls, and others.
- Streams to Shoutcast and Icecast2 servers
- Two main media players with crossfader
- Microphone audio signal processing
- IRC announcements
This is ‘Great Little Radio Player’. It is a robust internet radio station streamer. It connects to web sites offering radio streaming and lets you play radio stations directly from that location. Developed for Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
- Radio streaming
- Stations have country and genre tags
- Fast playing remote stations
- You can make stations favorite
- Looks good
- Searching stations by name, country and genre
Stream audio from YouTube. Plays only the audio from YouTube videos, this reduces bandwidth and improves performance.
ShuiCast is a plugin for both Winamp and Foobar2000 that provides the ability to broadcast various audio formats to a few of the major broadcasting servers. It is a continuation of the Oddcast/Edcast streaming software that can stream to either Icecast or Shoutcast servers, integrating changes made by the AltaCast and Edcast-Reborn spinoffs.
- Stream to IceCast or ShoutCast
- Support for Ogg Vorbis, LAME (lame_enc.dll), and AAC (libfaac.dll) – note lame_enc.dll and libfaac.dll must be downloaded separately in order to use these formats
- Multiple encoders (you can simultaneously broadcast in multiple formats at the same time)
- Standalone application as well as plugin for Winamp, RadioDJ and Foobar2000
- Metadata not only from media player (i.e. Winamp) but also from a file, a URL or a window
- Peak and RMS Meter
- Live Recording (you can switch on/off without disconnecting the encoder)