Rhythmbox is a music playing application for GNOME.
Can create different Last.fm related playlists:
- loved tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- recent tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- top tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours over different periods.
- top tracks of an artist.
- top tracks of artists similar to an artist.
- top tracks with certain tag.
- tracks similar to a track.
- love, unlove, ban and unban a track on your Last.fm account.
- add a track to a custom playlist on your Last.fm account.
- save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths). This makes it possible to easily share playlists with other people. Also when you restructure your library (change location of your music files), these playlists will continue to work.
Last.fm is a music service that learns what you love.
Create your own profile, track what you listen to (we call this scrobbling) and get cool stuff like your own music charts, new music recommendations, and a big ol’ community of other music lovers.
Free Music Downloads
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It is a fork of Clementine released in 2018 aimed at music collectors, enthusiasts and audiophiles. The name is inspired by the band Strawbs. It’s based on a heavily modified version of Clementine created in 2012-2013. It’s written in C++ and Qt 5.
- Play and organize music
- Supports WAV, FLAC, WavPack, DSF, DSDIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, MPC, TrueAudio, AIFF, MP4, MP3, ASF and Monkey’s Audio
- Audio CD playback
- Native desktop notifications
- Playlists in multiple formats
- Advanced audio output and device configuration for bit-perfect playback on Linux
- Edit tags on music files
- Fetch tags from MusicBrainz
- Album cover art from Last.fm, Musicbrainz, Discogs, Tidal and Deezer
- Song lyrics from AudD
- Support for multiple backends
- Audio analyzer
- Audio equalizer
- Transfer music to iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player
- Streaming support for Tidal, Qobuz and Subsonic
- Scrobbler with support for Last.fm, Libre.fm and ListenBrainz