CloudTunes provides a unified interface for music stored in the cloud (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.) and integrates with Last.fm, Facebook, and Musicbrainz for metadata, discovery, and social experience. It is similar to services like Spotify, except instead of local tracks and the fixed Spotify catalog, CloudTunes uses your files stored in Dropbox and music videos on YouTube.
Tomahawk is basically a player for music metadata. At its core it decouples the metadata about a song from the source and reassembles it for each user based on their individual music accessibility and rights. In short, given the name of a song and artist, Tomahawk will find the right source, for the right user at the right time. This fundamentally different approach to music enables a range of new music consumption and sharing experiences previously not possible.
- Local music library (MP3, Ogg, FLAC and many other formats)
- Networked music libraries (other connected computers)
- Beats Music
- Google Play Music (on-demand streaming and music locker)
- Rdio (Android only)
- Deezer (Android only)
A modern music player focused on streaming from free sources.
- Searching for and playing music from YouTube (including integration with playlists), Jamendo, and SoundCloud
- Searching for albums (powered by Last.fm and Discogs), album view, automatic song lookup based on artist and track name (in progress, can be dodgy sometimes)
- Song queue, which can be exported as a playlist
- Loading saved playlists (stored in json files)
- Scrobbling to last.fm (along with updating the ‘now playing’ status)
- Newest releases with reviews – tracks and albums
- Browsing by genre
- Radio mode (automatically queue similar tracks)
- Unlimited downloads (powered by youtube)
- Realtime lyrics
- Browsing by popularity
- List of favorite tracks
- Listen from local library
Can create different Last.fm related playlists:
- loved tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- recent tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
- top tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours over different periods.
- top tracks of an artist.
- top tracks of artists similar to an artist.
- top tracks with certain tag.
- tracks similar to a track.
- love, unlove, ban and unban a track on your Last.fm account.
- add a track to a custom playlist on your Last.fm account.
- save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths). This makes it possible to easily share playlists with other people. Also when you restructure your library (change location of your music files), these playlists will continue to work.
Last.fm is a music service that learns what you love.
Create your own profile, track what you listen to (we call this scrobbling) and get cool stuff like your own music charts, new music recommendations, and a big ol’ community of other music lovers.
Free Music Downloads
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
- Fast and lightweight. Quick startup, no splash screen needed!
- Supports Opus, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, mp3 and mp4 (AAC and Apple Lossless)
- Gapless playback and Replaygain support (Ogg Vorbis, Opus, FLAC and mp3 with APE tags).
- Support for cover art embedded in tag or as separate file on disk.
- Subscribe to Podcasts (rss) using the built in podcast manager.
- Tag editing and powerful file renaming capability.
- Filters / Smart Playlists
- Smart sorting with user configurable leading word filter to prevent sorting on common words like the, a or an.
- Support for playlists. Playlists may be played in a certain configurable order, or browsed through like the main music library.
- Import / export music library and playlists to XSPF, PLS, M3U, Extended M3U or CSV.
- Clipboard & DND (drag-and-drop) support to arrange playlists and dragging to and from Gnome / kde applications.
- Clean and fast database backend using SQLite 3.
- Written using FOX, one of the fastest GUI toolkits available.
- Last.fm and libre.fm audio scrobbler support.
- Translated in Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.