A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
This is ‘Great Little Radio Player’. It is a robust internet radio station streamer. It connects to web sites offering radio streaming and lets you play radio stations directly from that location. Developed for Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
- Radio streaming
- Stations have country and genre tags
- Fast playing remote stations
- You can make stations favorite
- Looks good
- Searching stations by name, country and genre
Advanced GTK+ Sequencer is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel.
It’s designed to be highly configurable, you may add effects to its effect chain, add or remove audio channels/pads.
You may set up a fully functional network of engines, therefore exists a link editor for linking audio lines.
In conjunction with ags you need a realtime kernel and alsa support. `ags` uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that’s why you need at least a preemptible kernel.
- save or open Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer XML files with XPath support
- add or remove audio engines with adjustable audio channels and pads
- link channels with property dialog
- output panel, mixer, drum and matrix sequencer, soft synth and audio file player
- piano roll with basic notation editing supporting copy & paste
- adjustable BPM
- LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 support
- export to WAV, FLAC, OGG and others
- multiple sinks like Pulseaudio, JACK, ALSA and OSS
- automation editor
- waveform editor with copy & paste
- capture sound with AgsAudiorec machine
- MIDI instrument input
- import/export to Standard MIDI Files
- OSC content format support
- OSC server for remote control and monitoring
Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
The primary platform for running Ecasound is GNU/Linux. Ecasound can also be run on many UNIX-derived systems such as FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris. Limited support for Windows is available through Cygwin.
Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format plugin synth that is closely modelled on the Yamaha DX7. Dexed is also a midi cartridge librarian / manager for the DX7.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format. (VST, AU, LV2)
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modelled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager.
- Each operator has a realtime VU meter so you know which one is active.
- Can load or save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
DarkIce records audio from an audio interface (e.g. sound card), encodes it and sends it to a streaming server.
DarkIce can record from:
- OSS audio devices
- ALSA audio devices
- Solaris audio interface
- Jack sources
- uLaw audio input through a serial interface
- CoreAudio (branch darkice-macosx)
DarkIce can encode in the following formats:
- MP3 – using the lame library
- MP2 – using the twolame library
- Ogg Vorbis
- AAC LC – using the faac library
- AAC HEv2 – using libaacplus library
- Opus – using Xiph’s libopus library
- Vorbis – using Xiph’s libvorbis library
DarkIce can send the encoded stream to the following streaming servers:
Helm runs in GNU/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows. Run Helm as a standalone synthesizer or as an LV2, VST, VST3 or AU plugin. Comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player for Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Windows, OSX and GP2X.
You can use this program to play your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. No songs are provided, you must obtain these from elsewhere.
Visit here to find out more about what a CDG or MP3+G file is. In short, CDG is the format of professional karaoke CDs. These CDs can be ripped to your hard disk, and turned into a .mp3 file together with a .cdg file. This player gives you the ability to play those mp3+cdg files.
- CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G, WAV+G) playback – Play standard CDG karaoke files
- MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback – Play MIDI format karaoke files
- MPEG playback – Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format
- Other formats – Play any other video formats by launching an external media player
- Playlist – Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy
- Searchable song database – Easily find your songs from the main screen
- Search inside ZIP files – Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files
- Cross-platform – Runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX and GP2X
- Mini Frontend – Additional mini-frontend for low res displays and handhelds
- Export to MPEG – Convert CDG and KAR files to MPG files (command line only)
A Mac OSX GUI frontend for open source audio codecs. There is an older Windows version available as well.