a free open source audio player for OS X
Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
The primary platform for running Ecasound is GNU/Linux. Ecasound can also be run on many UNIX-derived systems such as FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris. Limited support for Windows is available through Cygwin.
Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format plugin synth that is closely modelled on the Yamaha DX7. Dexed is also a midi cartridge librarian / manager for the DX7.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format. (VST, AU, LV2)
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modelled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager.
- Each operator has a realtime VU meter so you know which one is active.
- Can load or save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
DarkIce records audio from an audio interface (e.g. sound card), encodes it and sends it to a streaming server.
DarkIce can record from:
DarkIce can encode in the following formats:
DarkIce can send the encoded stream to the following streaming servers:
Helm runs in GNU/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows. Run Helm as a standalone synthesizer or as an LV2, VST, VST3 or AU plugin. Comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player for Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Windows, OSX and GP2X.
You can use this program to play your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. No songs are provided, you must obtain these from elsewhere.
Visit here to find out more about what a CDG or MP3+G file is. In short, CDG is the format of professional karaoke CDs. These CDs can be ripped to your hard disk, and turned into a .mp3 file together with a .cdg file. This player gives you the ability to play those mp3+cdg files.
- CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G, WAV+G) playback – Play standard CDG karaoke files
- MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback – Play MIDI format karaoke files
- MPEG playback – Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format
- Other formats – Play any other video formats by launching an external media player
- Playlist – Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy
- Searchable song database – Easily find your songs from the main screen
- Search inside ZIP files – Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files
- Cross-platform – Runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX and GP2X
- Mini Frontend – Additional mini-frontend for low res displays and handhelds
- Export to MPEG – Convert CDG and KAR files to MPG files (command line only)
A Mac OSX GUI frontend for open source audio codecs. There is an older Windows version available as well.
VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio specification. It is intended as a replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.
- automatic recognition of all HDA codecs
- test jacks for autoswitch
- control panel for fine tuning
- sound treatment includes stereo enhancements
- since v2.8 it works with two sound cards
- v2.9 creates 5.1 channel as one device
GrandOrgue is a sample based pipe organ simulator. When connected to MIDI keyboards and an audio system, it can accurately simulate the sound of a real pipe organ. This application has builds for Linux, Windows and OSX.
- Play sample sets
- GUI console
Spek (IPA: /spɛk/, ‘bacon’ in Dutch) helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek is free software available for Unix, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats thanks to the FFmpeg libraries.
- Ultra-fast signal processing, uses multiple threads to further speed up the analysis.
- Shows the codec name and the audio signal parameters.
- Allows to save the spectrogram as an image file.
- Drag-and-drop support; associates with common audio file formats.
- Auto-fitting time, frequency and spectral density rulers.
- Adjustable spectral density range.
- Translated into 19 languages.