A mono-to-stereo VST plugin that positions sound in a 3D space using Head-Related Transfer Functions. Created with JUCE framework.
Bluemindo is a really simple yet powerful audio player in Python/PyGTK, using Gstreamer. It’s a free (as in freedom) software, released under GPLv3, only.
Bluemindo’s user interface consists of a main view of all your digitized album discs, which is searchable and filterable. The playback mode is gapless and support ReplayGain (it can also automatically choose to switch between Album and Track modes, depending on the kind of music that’s being played). Last but not least, it brings playlist (automatic and user-made), MPRIS/MediaPlayer2 support and lyrics/artwork downloading.
A group of audio DAW plug-ins targeting Windows (VST), Mac (VST/AU), and Linux, mostly for guitar amplifier simulation, with the C-120 being the flagship product (which started off long ago as a closed-source VST). Open source, mostly under GPL.
- Up to 128-bit (internal) Multi-Stage Guitar Amplifier Layered Distortion, also runs in 64 and 32 bit modes
- Native Mac and Linux ports coming soon
- Advanced maths for tube-like guitar amplifier distortion, doesn’t use cheap waveshaping
- Designed with dynamic response that changes according to the input level – Much more than just a basic “sample in, sample out”
- Up to 12x Internal Oversampling, separate controls for live/online and off-line render
- Multi-Band EQ – low, mid, high, contour, presence
- Built-in custom convolution-based cab-mic effect, works with almost any sample rate and/or audio buffer size
- New version of C120 has less clutter in GUI, separate page for advanced features
- No commercial bloat!
- GPL license, but just for the plug-in itself
- Any rendered/processed audio is YOURS (any license you want)!
- Hand-Coded in C++, pre-fab code or “wizards” were NOT used to build this!
- Primarily built with MinGW-w64 and Code::Blocks IDE
- NEW Jykwrakker plugin also features custom stereo reverb FX you won’t find elsewhere.
- NEW Source code available under zlib license (long overdue)
Helm runs in GNU/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows. Run Helm as a standalone synthesizer or as an LV2, VST, VST3 or AU plugin. Comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Free open source GPL metronome (a “branch” of “Weird Metronome“) for Windows, Windows Mobile, & Pocket PC. Uses user-definable multi-voice WAV or MIDI (PC only) sounds for the beats. Has a blinker & allows user defined bpm & fine measure control.
- Accurate metronome sound! No skips or variation in audio output!
- Custom rhythm patterns: use it as a (very basic) drum machine
- User definable beats per minute
- Set measure to any length, with emphasis on any beat(s)
- Over 40 MIDI voices, optionally available as WAV samples
- Up to nine simultaneous voices per beat
- Add your own WAV samples to use whatever sounds you like
- Highly customizable parameters
- Define HotKeys to perform functions such as increase tempo
- Set the Maximum & minimum tempo available via the tempo slider
Decibel Audio Player is a GTK+ open-source (GPL) audio player for GNU/Linux. It is very straightforward to use thanks to a clean and user-friendly interface. It is especially targeted at Gnome and follows the Gnome HIG.
Decibel Audio Player is built around a highly modular structure that lets the user disable completely the features he does not need. A disabled feature uses absolutely no memory and no processor time.
Decibel Audio Player is a real audio player and does not include features that are not meant to be part of an audio player. These features, such as tagging files or burning CDs, generally have a better support in dedicated software. If you are looking for an audio player that can make coffee, then you should stay away from Decibel and give a try to other players (e.g., Amarok, Exaile).
LINGOT is a musical instrument tuner. It’s accurate, easy to use, and highly configurable. Originally conceived to tune electric guitars, it can now be used to tune other instruments.
It looks like an analogue tuner, with a gauge indicating the relative shift to a certain note, determined automatically as the closest note to the estimated frequency.
- It’s free software. LINGOT is distributed under the GPL license.
- It’s really quick and accurate, perfect for real-time microtonal tuning.
- Easy to use. Just plug in your instrument and run it.
- LINGOT is a universal tuner. It can tune many musical instruments, you only need to provide the temperaments. For that purpose, it supports the Scala project .scl format.
- Highly configurable via GUI. It’s possible to change any parameter while the program is running, without editing any file.
JAMin is the JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK) Audio Mastering interface. JAMin is an open source application designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams. It uses LADSPA for digital signal processing (DSP). JAMin is licensed under the GPL.
- Linear filters
- JACK I/O
- 30 band graphic EQ
- 1023 band hand drawn EQ with parametric controls
- Spectrum analyser
- 3 band peak compressor
- Lookahead brickwall limiter
- Multiband stereo processing
- Presets and scenes
- Loudness maximizer
synthv1 is an old-school all-digital 4-oscillator subtractive polyphonic synthesizer with stereo fx.