ShuiCast is a plugin for both Winamp and Foobar2000 that provides the ability to broadcast various audio formats to a few of the major broadcasting servers. It is a continuation of the Oddcast/Edcast streaming software that can stream to either Icecast or Shoutcast servers, integrating changes made by the AltaCast and Edcast-Reborn spinoffs.
- Stream to IceCast or ShoutCast
- Support for Ogg Vorbis, LAME (lame_enc.dll), and AAC (libfaac.dll) – note lame_enc.dll and libfaac.dll must be downloaded separately in order to use these formats
- Multiple encoders (you can simultaneously broadcast in multiple formats at the same time)
- Standalone application as well as plugin for Winamp, RadioDJ and Foobar2000
- Metadata not only from media player (i.e. Winamp) but also from a file, a URL or a window
- Peak and RMS Meter
- Live Recording (you can switch on/off without disconnecting the encoder)
- Supported audio formats: FLAC, WAV, AIFF.
- BitPerfect, zero CPU load streaming.
- Support for high-quality bit-depth upconversion.
- Support for VST 2.x plugins.
- Gapless playback.
- WASAPI (Exclusive mode) output.
Universal Media Server is a media server capable of serving videos, audio and images to any DLNA-capable device. It is free, regularly updated and has more features than any other media server, including paid media servers.
It streams to many devices including Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) and PlayStation 4 (PS4), Microsoft Xbox One and 360, many TVs (Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Vizio, LG, Philips, Sharp), smart phones (iPhone, Android, etc.), Blu-ray players, and more. Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. UMS is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats.
A tool based on the HTML5 Web Audio API to perform perceptual audio evaluation tests locally or on remote machines over the web.
Podcast Generator is an open source Content Management System written in PHP and specifically designed for podcast publishing. It provides the user with the tools to easily manage all of the aspects related to the publication of a podcast, from the upload of episodes to its submission to the iTunes store.
- Click & Go: 3-step installation wizard. No MySQL required. Works in any PHP web hosting.
- Power and simplicity: Easy & intuitive web interface to publish audio and video podcasts.
- Newbie-proof technology: Just upload your content, all the rest is “automagic”.
- Customizable: Support for multiple themes and languages. Social Networks integration.
- Apple friendly: Ready for iTunes Store and all iOS devices.
- Open Source: 100% free and open source.
The Jamulus software enables musicians to perform real-time jam sessions over the internet. There is a Jamulus server which collects the audio data from each Jamulus client, mixes the audio data and sends the mix back to each client.
The library does not require a database back-end. It parses the directory structure, best suited for a [ROOT]/[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]/[TRACKS] type of layout. This isn’t required, but makes for the best user experience. Random playlists can also be generated.
The code contained in this script has not been minified. It is written in long form and is well-documented for ease of use and customization.
Individual tracks are optionally presented with download links. Minimal effort has been put into limiting the reach of the player and download links. It is limited, by default, to the three audio file types that are supported by HTML5. It is advised that you password protect the Music Library & Player directory using htaccess or other method to restrict public access.
- Responsive web music library and player
- HTML5 or m3u file
- Perfect for a NAS or personal website
- Easy to setup with little to no programming
- No database back-end. Directories are parsed into Artist/Album/Track playlists
- Open Source MIT License
Cross-platform, terminal-based audio engine, library, player and server written in c++.
Musikcube compiles and runs easily on Windows, macOS and Linux. it also runs well on a raspberry pi with raspbian, and can be setup as a streaming audio server.
MinimServer is a new UPnP AV music server with a number of innovative features that make it easier to organize and explore your music collection. If you have a network music player that supports the UPnP AV standards (see this page), you’ll get much more from your music collection if you’re using MinimServer as your music server software.
Airtime is an open source application that provides remote and
collaborative automation of a broadcast radio station.
- Web-based remote station management. Authorized personnel can add
programme material, create playlists or smart blocks, and stream in live,
all via a web interface.
- Automation. Airtime has a scheduler function that enables users to
create shows with content for playback at the exact date and time specified.
- Playlists, smart blocks and remote stream URLs can be used multiple times.
- Solid playout. Airtime uses the open source Liquidsoap streaming language for reliable and precise playback to multiple outputs.
- Open, extensible architecture. Stations are free to extend and alter
all parts of the program code, under the GNU AGPLv3 license.