XMPlay is an audio player, supporting the OGG / MP3 / MP2 / MP1 / WMA / AAC / MP4 / WAV / AIFF / CDA / MO3 / IT / XM / S3M / MTM / MOD / UMX audio formats, PLS / M3U / ASX / WAX / CUE playlists, and ZIP archives. A load more audio and archive file formats are also supported via plugins.
When XMPlay was first released in 1998, only the XM file format was supported, hence the name “XMPlay”.
A digital signal processor that makes dull songs sound sharper, as in brighter.
Strictly speaking, nobody really needs this DSP. It’s just that some people like the effect. If you want to compensate deficiencies in your playback equipment or listening environment, the convolver or the equalizer are more appropriate tools. ~ HA post
There are four interrelated DSPs enclosed, only use the last one, Noise Sharpening.
Noise sharpening can/should be used alone. ~ HA post
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins:
Dolby Headphone technology gives you the sound of a 5.1 surround system through any pair of headphones.
It accurately models the surround sound listening experience of a properly set up and calibrated 5.1-channel speaker system, making it ideal for personal and portable surround listening.
This component wraps the functionality of a Dolby Headphone engine DLL (typically DOLBYHPH.DLL bundled with some software DVD players) to be used under Foobar2000. After installation you must configure the plugin pointing out the location of that DLL in your system and restart foobar2000. Amplification is provided by the Dolby Headphone engine itself.
Extracts bass from the source signal using a linear phase low-pass filter and sends it to the LFE channel.
- fast fir processing
- adjustable filter shapes
- delay control
- mono, stereo, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 input support
Linear phase is a property of a filter, where the phase response of the filter is a linear function of frequency. The result is that all frequency components of the input signal are shifted in time (usually delayed) by the same constant amount (the slope of the linear function), which is referred to as the group delay. And consequently, there is no phase distortion due to the time delay of frequencies relative to one another.
JAMin is the JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK) Audio Mastering interface. JAMin is an open source application designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams. It uses LADSPA for digital signal processing (DSP). JAMin is licensed under the GPL.
- Linear filters
- JACK I/O
- 30 band graphic EQ
- 1023 band hand drawn EQ with parametric controls
- Spectrum analyser
- 3 band peak compressor
- Lookahead brickwall limiter
- Multiband stereo processing
- Presets and scenes
- Loudness maximizer
VLevel keeps your music from making you jump out of your seat, and it keeps you from having to fiddle with the volume constantly. It’s different from other dynamic compressors because it looks ahead. You can think of VLevel as someone who knows your music by heart, and turns the volume up during quiet passages, but smoothly turns it back down when he knows a loud part is coming. It’s great for making CDs to listen to in your car, or to play background music on your computer.