Transmit / receive uncompressed stereo audio over a local network. Turn two Macs into a really expensive XLR cable… for free!
Tag Archives: network
MIDI Router ~ Anywhere To Anywhere
- Route anywhere to anywhere.
- Create virtual port.
- Route from WebMidiJs client to server and back.
- Route from server to server.
- All routing in Real Time with no latency.
- Route from one event type to another. (cc to pitch wheel)
- Route to/from 14bit CC.
- Monitor midi input.
- Build Custom controls to send CC/Program Change.
- Custom Program Change dropdown..
- Transpose / Harmonize.
- Create presets, controlled by any midi event.
Client git (vuejs, typescript, electron):
Server git (C++, Qt webchannel):
Funkwhale ~ Decentralised Music Network
Looking for a social platform to enjoy and share music? Funkwhale is a community-driven project that lets you listen and share music and audio within a decentralised, open network.
Network Audio System ~ Client Server Sound
The Network Audio System is a network transparent, client/server audio transport system.
- Device-independent audio over the network
- Lots of audio file and data formats
- Can store sounds in server for rapid replay
- Extensive mixing, separating, and manipulation of audio data
- Simultaneous use of audio devices by multiple applications
- Used by a growing number of ISVs
- Small size
- Free! No obnoxious licensing terms
Audiophile UPnP Renderer ~ Windows Network Player
- Supported audio formats: FLAC, WAV, AIFF.
- BitPerfect, zero CPU load streaming.
- Support for high-quality bit-depth upconversion.
- Support for VST 2.x plugins.
- Gapless playback.
- WASAPI (Exclusive mode) output.
Jamulus ~ Internet Jam Sessions
The Jamulus software enables musicians to perform real-time jam sessions over the internet. There is a Jamulus server which collects the audio data from each Jamulus client, mixes the audio data and sends the mix back to each client.
Softsqueeze ~ Software Squeezebox
Softsqueeze is a music player for your PC that works with the SqueezeCenter software. It complements the Boom, Duet, Transporter, Squeezebox and Slimp3 hardware music players developed by Slim Devices.
Supports synchronization with hardware players and remote streaming over the Internet using ssh tunneling.
Developed in Java, allowing this useful application to work with Windows PCs, OS X and Unix systems.
Emulates most of the digital music players and uses the TCP based slim protocol, allowing use across the Internet and through firewalls / NAT routers.
VBAN ~ The Audio Network
VBAN, The VB-Audio Network Protocol:
VBAN Protocol has been designed for real-time transport of digital audio stream in IP-based network environments. VBAN allows to send or / and receive audio to / from other computers of any local networks. Voicemeeter already allows easy way to manage several incoming / outgoing streams.
For Any Local Network Infrastructure:
Based on UDP Protocol, VBAN is made for Audio Pro and Audiophiles, to transport multichannel audio in native PCM format (all sampling rate supported). Developed like a “RADIO” transmitter / receptor system, the sender is always master and the receiver is always slave.
foo_beefweb ~ Foobar Web Browser Remote
Web interface plugin for DeaDBeeF and Foobar2000 music players.
- Lightweight web user interface
- Playback control
- Playlist management
- Music directory browser
- Real-time UI updates
- Mobile-friendly responsive design
- REST-like API for controlling player from your application
How to install a foobar component
Mkchromecast ~ Linux & Mac Casting
This is a program to cast your macOS audio, or Linux audio to your Google Cast devices or Sonos speakers. It can also cast video files.
It is written for Python3, and it can stream via
avconv. Mkchromecast is capable of using lossy and lossless audio formats provided that
parec(Linux) are installed. It also supports Multi-room group playback, and 24-bit/96kHz high audio resolution. Additionally, a system tray menu is available.