AirPlay, Audio CD, Bluetooth, Multi-room, Spotify Connect, UPnP, DSP
Tag Archives: Spotify
RaspyFi ~ Headless Audio Player
RaspyFi is an open source linux distribution. It will transform your Raspberry Pi into an audiophile source, in 10 minutes without hassles. It comes ready to play, and it’s compatible with almost every USB DAC available. You can consider it as a Voyage-MPD version for Raspberry Pi. But it’s simpler to use and it has several other functionalities!
With RaspyFi you’ll be able to play your music library directly from an USB Storage or from your NAS. You can also listen to your favourite web-radios and scrobble your favourite tunes from Spotify, Last.fm and Soundcloud. You will be amazed about the sound quality! RaspyFi’s core feature is this. We are trying to get every bit of your music to play as accurate as can be, optimizing every aspect of the system.
RaspyFi supports asynchronous playback to take advantage of the latest DACS, it features a nice webgui you can use to configure it without hassles and to play your library from your pc, your smartphone or your tablet.
You can connect your little Raspberry Pi to your Audio System, sit on your couch, use your favourite device (Win,Mac,Android,iOS) as a remote control and enjoy your music as it is. With RaspyFi your Pi never sounded so good!
Updated to: Volumio ~ Headless Audiophile Player
MusicRepair ~ Linux Audio File Tagging
Adds and fixes music metadata and adds album art.
- Fixes songs in nested directories recursively.
- Fetches metadata from Spotify
- Multiple options to format file (Options to revert file back)
- Simple binary
genius-spicetify ~ Spotify Lyrics
Fetch lyrics from Genius and Musixmatch right in Spotify’s desktop client.
Every Noise At Once ~ Spotify Genres Plotted
Every Noise at Once is an ongoing attempt at an algorithmically-generated, readability-adjusted scatter-plot of the musical genre-space, based on data tracked and analyzed for 5,169 genre-shaped distinctions by Spotify as of 2021-01-15. The calibration is fuzzy, but in general down is more organic, up is more mechanical and electric; left is denser and more atmospheric, right is spikier and bouncier.
Tomahawk ~ Metadata Based Player
Tomahawk is basically a player for music metadata. At its core it decouples the metadata about a song from the source and reassembles it for each user based on their individual music accessibility and rights. In short, given the name of a song and artist, Tomahawk will find the right source, for the right user at the right time. This fundamentally different approach to music enables a range of new music consumption and sharing experiences previously not possible.
- Local music library (MP3, Ogg, FLAC and many other formats)
- Networked music libraries (other connected computers)
Subscription Music Services
- Beats Music
- Google Play Music (on-demand streaming and music locker)
- Rdio (Android only)
- Deezer (Android only)
Free Streaming / Music Promotion Platforms
Soundsync ~ Cross-platform Virtual Cables
Soundsync is a web and desktop app to manage every audio source and every audio output in your home from a single interface. Link any audio source to multiple speakers connected to any devices on your home network. Soundsync will keep the music synchronized between all of them.
- 🆓 Free to use
- 🕸️ Work with any number of connected devices, audio sources, audio outputs and every link of your choosing
- 🎶 Compatible with a lot of different audio sources (Spotify Connect with a premium account, Airplay, Hardware Audio input (line in / microphone), Linux system audio ; coming soon: Windows system audio, UPnP and more)
- 🔊 Broadcast sound to any speaker connected to a computer (Windows, MacOS, Linux, RapsberryPi), a web browser (Chrome, Firefox) or a Chromecast and soon more
- 🔗 Group speakers together to synchronize them to the same audio source
- 🎛️ Control everything from a web browser
- 🔓 Not linked to any external service, works offline, no account creation
Audio Band ~ Windows 10 Desk Band
Audio Band allows you to display song information in the taskbar.
- Displays song information – album art, artist, title, progress
- Control your music – play/pause, previous/next
- Add support for your music player of choice through plugins
RompЯ ~ Browser Based Player
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
Lollypop ~ GNOME Audio Player
Lollypop is a modern music player for GNOME
- Artist bio, lyrics Artist bio, lyrics: Get artists and tracks information from the web.
- Intuitive browsing: Walk through your collection by genres/artists and through albums artwork.
- Play many audio formats: mp3, mp4, ogg, and flac
- Cover art downloader: Automatic artwork downloader from Last.fm, Itunes and Spotify.
- MTP devices: Sync your music with Android phones and any mtp devices…
- Fullscreen view: Visual access from your couch
- Party mode: Let Lollypop choose music for you.
- Native replaygain support.
- Search in your collection by artist, album and title.