From a light ensemble to a deep destructive modulation effect, Blue Cat’s Chorus can just do anything, for free! The Chorus effect was originally designed to simulate several voices, just as if several persons were playing together the same notes, but with a variable delay between them. This is one of the typical effects that you can get with Blue Cat’s Chorus. But this plug-in also enables you to drastically change the original sound and create deep pitch modulation or crazy ‘bubbling’ effects. With the additional “Spread” control on the stereo version, the famous stereo widening and head spinning chorus effects are a few click away.
WAV to AC3 Encoder an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specificationwieslawsoltes.github.io/wavtoac3encoder/
Feature rich plug-in for foobar2000 that finds and plays music. Works great with youtube and your own media library.
Display & Play:
- full album and track discographies
- top tracks, similar artists, similar songs, decades
- top 100 charts (current and historic back to 1952)
- can use queries or track matching with last.fm tag database (so files don’t need to be tagged in any special way to identify tracks of specific genres, mood or artist locale)
- auto DJ option with automated weighting algorithmn that can use last.fm or own data to help select better tracks
- operates on a minimum number of playlists, so there’s no awkward playlist management
- nowplaying pane that provides feedback or displays configurable info on current track
WMA to Wave Audio command-line converter / decompressor.http://muldersoft.com/#wma2wav
WWSpatialAudioPlayer plays sound using Spatial sound API.
How to turn on Window’s 10 Spatial Sound ~ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-turn-on-spatial-sound-in-windows-10-ca2700a0-6519-448d-5434-56f499d59c96
A Podcast app made with Electron because I love Podcasts.
Prevent someone from turning up the volume on a Windows machine beyond a maximum volume.
This is a very simple Windows Forms application that lets you set a maximum value on for your volume, and then lock the setting so that a user cannot change the volume.
Disclaimer: This app is primarily geared toward young/special needs children. The “lock” provides a basic level of control, but it could be easily bypassed by someone with technical knowledge.
CamelCrusher is a free ‘colouring’ multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
There’s also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter with buckets of resonance. Assign a MIDI controller and start tweaking!
Finally, let’s not forget the easiest-to-use compressor you’ll find anywhere. It can ‘phatten’ up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the ‘Amount’ knob! Find out more in the manual.
Best of all, CamelCrusher is available free of charge!
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with ‘Phat’ mode.
- Powerful ‘MIDI Learn’ function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration.”
mp3menu lets you select and play your music files using iselect and AlsaPlayer. Mainly MP3’s, but this will actually play anything AlsaPlayer and libaudio can handle, so WAV and FLAC are covered, as well as a bunch of ancient formats dating back to the 1980s. Sadly, M4A is not.
3. Bash – mp3menu is a bash script. It might work with zsh, dash and other shells, or it might not.
PGGB•IT! is a Windows application for PGGB batch resampling of album folders using the Windows Explorer library as a queue. The companion FOLDER-DROP! allows folders to be included in the library using Explorer’s drag-drop. Generate resampled tracks (in FLAC, WAV or WV format) for use in a compatible music player. PGGB•IT! has a comprehensive settings panel and visually rich console output. Use the standard PGGB Offline (MATLAB) or use PGGB-RT (Intel IPP/AVX) to accelerate resampling to only a minute per average track. A free license of PGGB-RT has no feature limits at up to 2 Million Taps. A full functionality license gets you up to 1 Billion Taps.
download link works, licensing link does not