VCV Rack is an open-source virtual modular synthesizer.
Open-source library and tools for audio and music analysis, description and synthesis.
- Extensive collection of reusable algorithms
- Fast prototyping
- Optimized for computational speed
Carla is a fully-featured modular audio plugin host, with support for many audio drivers and plugin formats. It has some nice features like transport control, automation of parameters via MIDI CC and remote control over OSC.
Carla currently supports LADSPA (including LRDF), DSSI, LV2, VST2, VST3 and AU plugin formats, plus SF2 and SFZ file support. It uses JACK as the default and preferred audio driver but also supports native drivers like ALSA, DirectSound or CoreAudio.
There are 4 types of engine processing:
- Single-client: (JACK driver only)
Same as Multi-client, except that all JACK ports belong to a single master client.
This is needed when a setup doesn’t support multi-client JACK apps, such as LADISH.
- Multi-client: (JACK driver only)
Every single plugin is exposed as a new JACK client. Audio and MIDI ports are registered as needed.
Plugins are processed in order, from top to bottom.
Plugins with non-stereo audio channels are not supported, but a forced-stereo option is available for Mono ones.
Modular patchbay mode, just like in JACK Multi-client and many other modular applications.
Every plugin gets its own canvas group and ports allowing you to interconnect plugin audio and MIDI.
Seq24 is a minimal loop based midi sequencer. It was created to provide a very simple interface for editing and playing midi ‘loops’. After searching for a software based sequencer that would provide the functionality needed for a live performance, such as the Akai MPC line, the Kawai Q80 sequencer, or the popular Alesis MMT-8, I found nothing similar in the software realm. I set out to create a very minimal sequencer that excludes the bloated features of the large software sequencers, and includes a small subset of features that I have found usable in performing.
WhySynth is a versatile softsynth which operates as a plugin for the DSSI Soft Synth Interface. A brief list of features:
TempoPerfect is a free software metronome. Unlike mechanical metronomes, our software metronome provides a clear and precise beat that won’t wind down, making it an essential tool for any musician.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Highly accurate beat simulation
- Accent the first beat in a measure
- Preset tempos include Largo, Allegro, Presto and more
- Visual beat indicator bar provides a helpful visual cue
- Create accurate beat patterns for simple or complex rhythms
- Subdivide beats to hear difficult patterns, such as triplets
- BPM Tempo Guide chart for each speed of music (e.g., Allegro=120-168)
- Subdivide beats into accented beats and regular beats to emphasize different patterns
- Use on your computer or as a metronome app on your mobile device
- TempoPerfect also includes a tempo guide within the program which is a helpful resource for remembering the BPM for particular speed markings (e.g., Allegro).
sc68 is an Atari ST and Amiga music player.
The sc68 is a Atari-ST and Amiga music player. It comes as a command line music player as well as libraries for developers and various plugins for well know programs.