Tenacity is an easy-to-use, cross-platform multi-track audio editor / recorder for Windows, macOS, Linux and other operating systems and is developed by a group of volunteers as open-source software.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder is an application to record audio tracks of a vinyl record onto your computer in the high resolution format.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Windows:
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Mac:
It’s a VST-compatible host that’s capable of:
- loading VST effects (aka “plugins”)
- parameterizing / editing them
- sound output for VSTis
- MIDI-input and -output
- loading / saving .fxb / .fxp files
- I/O through either Windows MME or ASIO drivers
- Wave Player / Recorder
- MIDI Player
While the program started mainly as an aid in understanding and debugging VST plugins, it has evolved into a quite capable program by now which can be really helpful in a keyboard artist’s Live setup.
Play in the recorder next to your computer, and the notes will appear on screen in real time! Given a music sheet, the software shows the note to play and if you played correctly.
- a real time note detectors – print the notes you play on music sheet, in real-time!
- plays the notes recorded as Wave, MIDI or Beeps (really fun!)
- shows the sound wave and frequency of the noes been played
- save the played notes, in the formats: WAV, ABC, PDF, PostScript
- opening an ABC (music notation file), and start to play according to the notes running on screen.
midiscore chung is a small program for easy step by step compose record edit midi music song with optional quantize using a midi keyboard entering play chord and control with some piano keys and save / load from pc or export / import as midifile . a standalone freebasic program . enhanced realtime record adds sustain delay and velocity variation effect according to number of played notes (resonance) and can also enter notes with the pc keyboard . can load and even enhance existing midifiles . record autopause when nothing is played .
- can export / import midifile
- step by step or realtime record mode
- up to 30 levels do/undo/redo
Kwave is a sound editor for the KDE environment. It is written with KDE/QT and is extendable through a powerful plugin interface. For the moment it supports .wav files and many other formats, recording/playback via PulseAudio, Qt Multimedia, OSS and ALSA and some simple effects.
- user interface based on KDE Frameworks 5
- editing of multi track sound files
- playback via ALSA, OSS, Phonon, PulseAudio
- recording via ALSA
- supported file formats: WAV audio, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, AIFF,Amiga,Mac-Audio, ULAW (Sun)-Audio, Berkeley,IRCAM,Carl Sound Format, MP3-Audio
- volume control
- sample rate conversion
- pitch shift
- low pass, notch filter
Ever wanted to cut out background noise when talking with others on Skype? Now it’s possible!
NoiseGator is a light-weight noise gate application that routes audio through an audio input to an audio output. In real-time the audio level is analysed and if the average level is higher than the threshold the audio bypasses as normal. However, if the average level goes below the threshold, the gate closes and the audio is cut.
When used with a virtual audio cable it can act as a noise gate for a either a sound input(microphone) or sound output(speakers). Can also be used to gate noise from your own mic or play your microphone through your speakers.
– Java 7 or higher for Windows.
– Java 6 or higher for Mac. Java 7 recommended.
– A virtual audio cable is required for use with VOIPs:
For Windows users I recommend the VB-Cable driver (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm).
Mac users can use SoundFlower.
- Noise Gate for audio input to output.
- Cuts out background noises when nobody is speaking on VOIPs like Skype.
- Noise Gate your microphone to kill background noise and hiss.
- Can be used to feed your microphone through your speakers.
meterec works as a basic multitrack tape recorder. The aim of this software is to minimise the interactions of the users with the computer and allow them to focus on their instrumental performances. For this reason meterec’s features are minimal. If you screw one take, start it over again! Rather than learning how to use a specific software to correct what you screw up, meterec forces you to learn and master your instrument. The good news is that previous takes are kept in history and if in the end, the first one was the best you could play, you can choose it in your final mix.
With the AudioStation player you can easy listen to the most common music files like *.mp3 and *.wav etc. Just click on the music file and the Audiostation will automatically start playing your favorite music.
- With original Creative Labs™ sample files (reggae.mid, jaz.mid, etc.)
- Support for multiple playlists (.wpl, .pls, .m3u, etc.)
- Track repeat and random shuffle functions
- Supporting languages: English & Dutch
- Plays all common audio files like .mp3, .wav, *mid, etc.
- Midi Player, Wav Player, Mp3 Player & CD Player
- Also support for *.cda, *.m4a, *.ra, *.rm, *act, *.act, *.caf, *.wsaud, *.w64, *.ogg, *.amo, *.voc
- With Floppy, Tape and CD-ROM animations
- Working mixing sliders
- With audio record function
- With audio capture function to record speaker sound
- Support for Commodore64 sound files (*.sid)