Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
The primary platform for running Ecasound is GNU/Linux. Ecasound can also be run on many UNIX-derived systems such as FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris. Limited support for Windows is available through Cygwin.
Zrythm is a cross-platform digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use. Automate almost anything with automation events using straight lines, ramps and curves, or with LFOs and envelopes. Featuring a chord pad for quickly trying out chords in a scale and a chord track to help with chord progressions.
Complete support for LV2 and VST2, with experimental support for VST3, AU, SFZ and SF2. Fully JACK aware, including support for JACK transport, ALSA, WASAPI, Windows MME, CoreMidi and CoreAudio.
Zrythm is free software. Use, study, share and improve it freely. Available in multiple languages including English, French, Galician, Portuguese, Japanese and German.
AV Linux is a free shared downloadable and installable snapshot ISO image based on Debian/GNU Linux pre-configured to be a turnkey AV content creation system pre-configured and ready to “Install and Create”.
- Originates from 32bit and 64bit snapshots of the Debian Stable Distribution.
- Custom Realtime Preempt Kernel for optimal low-latency Audio potential.
- CPU governed for performance by default.
- Extra tweaks for performance, meets all criteria of the included Realtime Configuration Quick Scan.
- Some special custom packaging not found in default Repositories.
- Fast and Light XFCE4 Desktop Environment with attractive customizations.
- falkTX’s KXStudio Repositories for up to date Audio Applications.
- Extensive Audio/Video and Administrator-friendly Custom Actions.
- Seamless JACK Audio/MIDI environment with PulseAudio Integration.
- Extended Application platforms Flatpak and Docker included.
- Robust Environment for developers: Compilers, GIT, SVN, BZR, tools and development libs.
- Mozilla builds of Firefox and Thunderbird.
Step into music production with KOMPLETE START – a curated selection of studio-quality instruments, effects, utilities, loops, and samples for the low price of nothing at all. Play over 2,000 customizable sounds – drums and percussion, bass, acoustic instruments, synths, pads and atmospheres, effects, and more. And did we mention it’s free?
StudioFactory provides a complete virtual audio studio on your computer. It has a very powerful virtual analog modular synthesizer based on an improved version of the SynFactory synthesis engine. StudioFactory is fully compatible with SynFactory and can load all existing patch files. The synthesis engine is extended with additional modules that give access to MIDI and audio input. This makes it possible to play sounds generated by StudioFactory with an external MIDI-keyboard. With the audio input StudioFactory can be used as an standalone effect processor and provides reverb, echo and vocoder effects..
The orDrumbox is free drum machine software, designed to be as creative as possible with some unusual features: auto-composition, polyrhythms, custom arpeggiator, automatic sounds/track matching, custom soft synths, lo fi rendering and more … Ideal for experimentation and fast results.
- This software can automatically compose bass lines, melodic patterns and complete songs.
- It comes with a rhythms database and sounds database including musical items which can be fully edited.
- … and a fully customizable soft synth section adds many synthetics sounds as presets to the sounds library.
Start making music in the cloud. Audiotool is a powerful online music production studio right in your browser. All crafted with lots of love for the small details.
www.audiotool.com ~ may be slow to load the first time
An online audio editor. Edit audio from any web browser.
WaveShop is a free, open-source audio editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit. WaveShop is fast, lightweight, and bit-perfect, meaning samples aren’t altered unless they need to be. Editing a portion of an audio file only affects that portion; the rest of the file is untouched. Blocks of audio can be cut and pasted without changing their contents at all. This is especially useful for patching a finished master without corrupting its dither. Waveshop’s features include peak, RMS and spectral analysis, normalizing, fading, sample rate conversion, audio generation, plug-ins, and more, all with unlimited undo and comprehensive help.