Internet music dealers currently sell “CD-Quality” tracks, or even better (“Studio-Master”), thanks to lossless audio coding formats (FLAC, ALAC). However, a lossless format does not guarantee that the audio content is what it seems to be. The audio signal may have been upscaled (increasing the resolution), upsampled (increasing the sampling rate) or even transcoded from a lossy to a lossless format. Lossless Audio Checker analyzes lossless audio tracks and detects upscaling, upsampling and transcoding.
Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst is a free spectrum analyzer plug-in that lets you monitor the spectral content of your audio signal in real time.
This plug-in has been designed to provide extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency: unlike most spectrum analyzers, Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst is able to display continuous variations even with a very high frequency resolution, thanks to its unique smooth interpolation algorithms.
Most aspects of the audio to frequency display conversion can be managed, which lets you total control over the monitoring. A special thresholding system has been developed to help you see the important parts of the spectrum easily. In case you need extra precision in a particular frequency range, you can zoom the display and check the part of the graph you are interested in.
Advanced audio file comparison software.
mvMeter2 is a multivariable meter including RMS, EBUR128, VU and PPM measurement. mvMeter2 is the successor of mvMeter and adds single/dual meter display, adjustable reference level for all meter modes, adjustable meter delay and preset management.
- behavior of classic analog VU and PPM meters
- multiple measurement modes: PEAK, RMS, EBU R128, VU and PPM
- multi channel metering: stereo, left, right, mid, side
- single and dual meter display
- adjustable reference level for all meter modes
- adjustable meter delay
- preset management
- adjustable pre-gain including gain matching
- instance label
- large and accurate live meters
- 64-bit internal processing
- 5 different meter themes
- GUI resizing up 400%, ready for 4k displays
- free of charge
This project is the MATLAB development of a virtual sound level meter. The program will read in a calibrated .wav file and allow the user to analyze it as one would analyze a sound field with a sound level meter. The software implements Fast, Slow, Impulse and LEQ; A, C and Flat Weighting; Ln and Noise Dose analysis; Octave and 1/3 Octave band analysis; high resolution FFT analysis and spectrograms. Band analysis can be made using fast FFT methods or slower, but ANSI standard methods.
Source code requires MATLAB + Signal Processing Toolbox.
Developed under MATLAB R2010a (but might work with some earlier versions)
Executable version does not require MATLAB and runs under Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- MATLAB Based Software Sound Analyzer
- Mimics results of an ANSI Standard Integrating Sound Level Meter
- Includes Lp, LEQ, Octave and 1/3 Octave Band, NC, RC and FFT Analysis
Algorithms and Interactive Tools for Exploring Music Composition, Analysis, and Interdisciplinary Learning.
This web site has interactive tools that provide a unique learning experience for users, regardless of their musical training. Students of music composition can explore algorithmic composition, while others can create musical representations of models for the purpose of aural interpretation and analysis. Here, the algorithmic process is used in a creative context so that users can convert sequences of numbers into sounds.
Spek (IPA: /spɛk/, ‘bacon’ in Dutch) helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek is free software available for Unix, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats thanks to the FFmpeg libraries.
- Ultra-fast signal processing, uses multiple threads to further speed up the analysis.
- Shows the codec name and the audio signal parameters.
- Allows to save the spectrogram as an image file.
- Drag-and-drop support; associates with common audio file formats.
- Auto-fitting time, frequency and spectral density rulers.
- Adjustable spectral density range.
- Translated into 19 languages.