Test your audio equipment, online. AudioCheck gives you access to an extensive collection of sound tests, playable online and downloadable in high-quality for patrons. The audio material provided here will help you assess the audio equipment connected to your computer. Using this website, you will be able to:
- Test your hearing, speakers, headphones, digital-to-analog converters… and more!
- Design your own sound tests using our high quality waveform generators.
- Download our sound files to your favorite audio player, and use your player as a portable audio test device.
Spek (IPA: /spɛk/, ‘bacon’ in Dutch) helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek is free software available for Unix, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats thanks to the FFmpeg libraries.
- Ultra-fast signal processing, uses multiple threads to further speed up the analysis.
- Shows the codec name and the audio signal parameters.
- Allows to save the spectrogram as an image file.
- Drag-and-drop support; associates with common audio file formats.
- Auto-fitting time, frequency and spectral density rulers.
- Adjustable spectral density range.
- Translated into 19 languages.
The Complete Stereo Imaging And Analysis Tool. StereoTool offers ultra-precise control of input gain and individual pan for left and right channels, accurate visual feedback reflecting the signal content with; a vectorscope, PPM meters for inputs/outputs, phase correlation meter permanently monitoring the signal and individual left and right polarity reversal – No dongle or registration required – 100% Freeware!
Friture helps you to understand audio data with several widgets:
- spectrum analyzer
- rolling 2D spectrogram
- fraction-of-octave analyzer
- delay estimator
… a small utility for analysis of audio mpeg files and detection of the encoder used (when layer III).
Further, mp3guessenc can detect many details about the mpeg audio stream and print out lots of useful information.
Supported streams are mpeg 1, mpeg 2 and unofficial mpeg 2.5 – layer I, layer II and layer III of course. Xing tag, lame tag, VBRI tag, Id3 tags (both 1.x and 2.x), APE tags (both v1 and v2), Lyrics3 tags (both v1 and v2) and MusicMatch tag (any version) are detected as well.
Test your musical skills in 6 minutes!
While working at the music and neuroimaging lab at Beth Israel/Harvard Medical School in Boston, I developed a quick online way to screen for the tonedeafness. It actually turned out to be a pretty good test to check for overall pitch perception ability. The test is purposefully made very hard, so excellent musicians rarely score above 80% correct. Give it a try!
aveX is a free software for running and monitoring ABX listening tests. It works as a Jack (Jack Audio Connection Kit) client and is able to send test-status messages over a network for monitoring purposes. ‘A’ and ‘B’ audio files are read in pairs from a list and played in randomized order, the ‘X’ audio file is also randomized and is either ‘A’ or ‘B’ (double-blind test).
The listening test results are written after every choice in a file in text format.
The program is configured by filling in a very simple XML file.