Library of OpenCORE Framework implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate Narrowband and Wideband (AMR-NB and AMR-WB) speech codec. Library of VisualOn implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) encoder and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) encoder. Modified library of Fraunhofer AAC decoder and encoder.
Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view text from documents, customize font and background colour, control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Requires .NET Framework 2.0
- Supports WinXP’s Sam and Vista’s Anna engines
- Ability to minimize to tray
- Small and simple
- Reads copied to clipboard text
- Includes an installer
WaveSurfer is an open source tool for sound visualization and manipulation. Typical applications are speech / sound analysis and sound annotation / transcription. WaveSurfer may be extended by plug-ins as well as embedded in other applications.
- Customizable – users can create their own configurations. Localization support.
- Extensible – new functionality can be added through a plugin architecture.
- Embeddable – WaveSurfer can be used as a widget in custom applications.
- Transcription file formats – reads, and writes HTK (and MLF), TIMIT, ESPS/Waves+, and Phondat. Support for encodings and Unicode.
- Multi-platform – Linux, OSX & Windows.
eSpeak is a compact open source Linux and Windows speech synthesizer for English and other languages. eSpeak uses a “formant synthesis” method. This allows many languages to be provided in a small size. The speech is clear, and can be used at high speeds, but is not as natural or smooth as larger synthesizers which are based on human speech recordings.
eSpeak is available as:
- A command line program (Linux and Windows) to speak text from a file or from stdin.
- A shared library version for use by other programs. (On Windows this is a DLL).
- A SAPI5 version for Windows, so it can be used with screen-readers and other programs that support the Windows SAPI5 interface.
- eSpeak has been ported to other platforms, including Android, Mac OSX and Solaris.
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and mp3, with multichannel editing and LADSPA effects plugins.