You have the need for professional and state-of-the-art audio plug-ins – but don’t have thousands of bucks to spend on it? Then we believe you will love Calf Studio Gear! Focused on high-quality sound processing and a highly usable interface Calf Studio Gear is designed to give you a professional production environment for your open source operating system. Play your SF2 sample banks, create filthy organs, fatten your sounds with phasers, delays, reverbs and other FX, process your recordings with gates, compressors, deesser and finally master your stuff with multiband dynamics – for free! Calf Studio Gear is available exclusively for LINUX-based operating systems and runs as a stand-alone effect rack connectable through Jack sound server or as plug-ins in every audio host that is able to fire up LV2 compliant devices, e.g. the highly recommended Ardour Audio Workstation
DrumGizmo is an open source, multichannel, multilayered, cross-platform drum plugin and stand-alone application. It enables you to compose drums in midi and mix them with a multichannel approach. It is comparable to that of mixing a real drumkit that has been recorded with a multi mic setup.
- Stand-alone, Lv2 and VSTi versions available
- Open drumkit file format, allowing the community to create their own drumkits
- Drum velocity, allowing for several different hit velocities for each drum
- Multichannel output, making it possible to mix it just the way you would a real drumkit
- Optional built-in humanizer, analyzing the midi notes, adjusting velocities on-the-fly
- Stand-alone midi renderer, generating .wav files, 1 for each channel
- Stand-alone midi input, making it possible to use DrumGizmo as a software sampler for an electronic drumkit
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) is a collection of open-source plugins currently compatible with LADSPA, LV2 and LinuxVST formats. The basic idea is to fill the lack of good and useful plugins under the GNU/Linux platform.
- Plugins available in LV2 format, native X11 UI is provided
- Plugins available in LADSPA format
- Plugins available in LinuxVST format, native X11 UI is provided
- Standalone plugins available as JACK applications, X11 UI is provided
- Highly-optimized source code for x86 and x86_64 architecture with support of SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and AVX instruction set
- Highly-optimized source code for ARMv7 architecture with support of NEON instruction set
- Source code and binaries are available for free download
Advanced GTK+ Sequencer is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel.
It’s designed to be highly configurable, you may add effects to its effect chain, add or remove audio channels/pads.
You may set up a fully functional network of engines, therefore exists a link editor for linking audio lines.
In conjunction with ags you need a realtime kernel and alsa support. `ags` uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that’s why you need at least a preemptible kernel.
- save or open Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer XML files with XPath support
- add or remove audio engines with adjustable audio channels and pads
- link channels with property dialog
- output panel, mixer, drum and matrix sequencer, soft synth and audio file player
- piano roll with basic notation editing supporting copy & paste
- adjustable BPM
- LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 support
- export to WAV, FLAC, OGG and others
- multiple sinks like Pulseaudio, JACK, ALSA and OSS
- automation editor
- waveform editor with copy & paste
- capture sound with AgsAudiorec machine
- MIDI instrument input
- import/export to Standard MIDI Files
- OSC content format support
- OSC server for remote control and monitoring
This is the community version of Element, a modular AU / LV2 / VST / VST3 audio plugin host. Create powerful effects, racks and instruments by connecting nodes to one another. Integrates with your existing hardware via standard protocols such as MIDI.
- Runs standalone or as a plugin in your DAW
- Route Audio and MIDI from anywhere to anywhere
- Play virtual instruments and effects live
- Create re-usable instruments and effect graphs
- Preloaded plugin graphs
- External sync w/ MIDI clock
- MIDI controller mapping
- Sub graphing – nest graphs within each other
- Custom keyboard shortcuts
- Placeholder nodes
- Built in virtual keyboard
- Multiple undo/redo
Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format plugin synth that is closely modelled on the Yamaha DX7. Dexed is also a midi cartridge librarian / manager for the DX7.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format. (VST, AU, LV2)
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modelled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager.
- Each operator has a realtime VU meter so you know which one is active.
- Can load or save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
Synthesizer plugin for ADLMIDI and OPNMIDI (VST/LV2). This software package provides FM synthesizer plugins, based on OPL3 and OPN2 sound chip emulations.
The emulations and the drivers are provided by libADLMIDI and libOPNMIDI.
- control of multiple YMF262/YM2612 emulated chips
- high fidelity emulation, with choice of compromise level (good fidelity / fast, excellent fidelity / slow)
- synthesis of melodic and percussive instruments
- bundled collection of instruments
- support for dynamic parameterization and automation
- rigorous implementation of the MIDI standard
- multi-channel operation with General MIDI compatibility
- ability to synthesize entire MIDI files out of the box
Zrythm is a cross-platform digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use. Automate almost anything with automation events using straight lines, ramps and curves, or with LFOs and envelopes. Featuring a chord pad for quickly trying out chords in a scale and a chord track to help with chord progressions.
Complete support for LV2 and VST2, with experimental support for VST3, AU, SFZ and SF2. Fully JACK aware, including support for JACK transport, ALSA, WASAPI, Windows MME, CoreMidi and CoreAudio.
Zrythm is free software. Use, study, share and improve it freely. Available in multiple languages including English, French, Galician, Portuguese, Japanese and German.