AutoEQ is a project for equalizing headphone frequency responses automatically and it achieves this by parsing frequency response measurements and producing a equalization settings which correct the headphone to a neutral sound. This project currently has almost 2000 headphones covered in the results folder. See Usage for instructions how to use the results with different equalizer softwares and Results section for details about parameters and how the results were obtained.
AutoEQ is not just a collection of automatically produced headphone equalization settings but also a tool for equalizing headphones for yourself. frequency_response.py provides methods for reading data, equalizing it to a given target response and saving the results for usage with EqualizerAPO. It’s possible to use different compensation (target) curves, apply tilt for making the headphones brighter/darker and adding a bass boost. It’s even possible to make one headphone sound (roughly) like another headphone.
Third major contribution of this project is the measurement data and compensation curves all in a numerical format except for Crinacle’s raw data. Everything is stored as CSV files so they are easy to process with any programming language or even Microsoft Excel.
A component to display visualisations and track information on a variety of Logitech LCD screens.
- Support for monochrome LCDs (G13, G15, G510 & Z-10)
- Support for colour LCDs (G19)
- 11 different visualisations (4 spectrum analysers, 4 oscilloscopes, 3 VU meters)
- Track info display
- Massively customisable
foo_dsp_xover is a software digital crossover implementation that I have been working on for a while in my spare time as a hobby. It is a Foobar2000 audio player plugin that implements this digital crossover to achieve active multi-amplification.
This software needs to run on a WinXP PC equipped with a multi-channel sound card (e.g. 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound card) feeding the various voices of a multi-amplifier and loudspeaker active configuration set-up.
VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio specification. It is intended as a replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.
- automatic recognition of all HDA codecs
- test jacks for autoswitch
- control panel for fine tuning
- sound treatment includes stereo enhancements
- since v2.8 it works with two sound cards
- v2.9 creates 5.1 channel as one device
This tool imitates the 7.1 to binaural sound effect of many surround virtualizations by making use of Equalizer APO’s convolution filter. Available impulse response that were recorded with activated…
- Dolby Atmos Headphone
- SBX Pro Studio Surround (also found in BlasterX Acoustic Engine & THX TruStudio Pro)
- Dolby Headphone
- Sennheiser GSX Binaural 7.1
- DTS Headphone:X
- Windows Sonic Headphone
- Dolby Home Theater v4 Headphone Surround Virtualizer
- Razer Surround
- Out Of Your Head
- Flux HEar V3
- OpenAL and DirectSound3D HRTFs
- Waves Nx
- and many more!
- many different headphone surround impulse responses
- powerful graphic equalizer
- equalizer presets for over 1000 popular headphones
- use multiple devices on one sound card
- extensive control over different volume levels
- apply and save the processing onto your audio files
- fully configurable crossfeed
- quickly save & load profiles, even through hotkeys
- supports command line parameters for all options
- rearrange the virtual speakers’ positions
- intelligent stereo upmix
- portable installation with easy one-click updater