Audio Band allows you to display song information in the taskbar.
- Displays song information – album art, artist, title, progress
- Control your music – play/pause, previous/next
- Add support for your music player of choice through plugins
OpenMPT is a powerful audio application that makes writing music fun, easy and efficient.
OpenMPT (shorthand for Open ModPlug Tracker) is completely free and allows you to create and play back some great music on your computer. Based on the original ModPlug Tracker written by Olivier Lapicque, OpenMPT is free software, can import a wide variety of module formats and offers an intuitive, native GUI as well as advanced features such as VST plugins and ASIO output.
In addition to its own song format, OpenMPT can natively edit Impulse Tracker, FastTracker, Scream Tracker and ProTracker module files.
OpenMPT based module player library and libopenmpt based command-line player:
- libopenmpt is a cross-platform C++ and C library to decode tracked music files (modules) [wikipedia] into a raw PCM audio stream.
- openmpt123 is a cross-platform command-line or terminal based module file player.
libopenmpt is based on the player code of the OpenMPT project (Open ModPlug Tracker). In order to avoid code base fragmentation, libopenmpt is developed in the same source code repository as OpenMPT.
libopenmpt ships with plugins for 3 popular Windows audio players already included:
- xmp-openmpt is a plugin based on libopenmpt for XMPlay.
- in_openmpt is an input plugin based on libopenmpt for WinAMP 2.x or later compatible players.
- foo_openmpt is a component based on libopenmpt for foobar2000.
Customizable windows – taskbar deskband control
FLAC Frontend is a convenient way for Windows users not used to working with command lines to use the official FLAC tools. It accepts WAVE, W64, AIFF and RAW files for encoding and outputs FLAC or OGG-FLAC files. It is able to decode FLAC files, test them, fingerprint them and re-encode them. It has drag-and-drop support too. It is tested on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7, but should work with Windows XP SP2 or newer. It requires .NET 2.0 or later.
A Mac OSX GUI frontend for open source audio codecs. There is an older Windows version available as well.
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
JACK Audio Connection Kit – Qt GUI Interface: A simple Qt application to control the JACK server daemon. Written in C++ around the Qt framework for X11, most exclusively using Qt Designer. Provides a simple GUI dialog for setting several JACK server parameters.
Columns UI is an alternative skinnable user interface for the Foobar2000 audio player.
- Playlist view with columns, grouping and artwork
- In-line metadata editing
- Customizable layout through interchangeable panel and toolbar components
- Built-in panels: playlist view, artwork view, filter, item details, item properties, playlist list, playlist tabs, tab stack
- Built-in toolbars: menu, buttons, seekbar, playback order, volume, spectrum analyzer
- Extensible through official and third-party panel and toolbar components
Enhance the appearance and functionality of Foobar2000 by adding a visual representation of the currently playing audio track, which can be used to navigate to any point in the image of the track by clicking there.
Waveform Seekbar is a UI element for both the Default UI and Columns UI that provides seekbar functionality (seeking, position indicator) on top of a pretty image of the waveform of the currently playing song, drawn using either Direct3D 9.0c or Direct2D 1.0.