Sndio is a small audio and MIDI framework part of the OpenBSD project and ported to FreeBSD, Linux and NetBSD. It provides a lightweight audio & MIDI server and a fully documented user-space API to access either the server or the hardware directly in a uniform way. Sndio is designed to work for desktop applications, but pays special attention to synchronization mechanisms and reliability required by music applications. Reliability through simplicity are part of the project goals.
Transmit / receive uncompressed stereo audio over a local network. Turn two Macs into a really expensive XLR cable… for free!
Welcome to Speaker Impedance. This website calculates the nominal impedance created with different combinations of wiring speakers together. Remember calculations are only to be used as a guide; in reality, the impedance will vary with frequency and more factors such as coil temperature come into play.
Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users. We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android). We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.
FreqTweak is a tool for FFT-based realtime audio spectral manipulation and display. It provides several algorithms for processing audio data in the frequency domain and a highly interactive GUI to manipulate the associated filters for each. It also provides high-resolution spectral displays in the form of scrolling-raster spectrograms and energy vs frequency plots displaying both pre- and post-processed spectra.
It is an extremely addictive audio toy, but I hope it has value for serious audio work too (sound design, etc). The spectrum analysis is pretty useful in its own right.
TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is a new, free application for Windows and Macintosh computers, that plays and edits up to 11.2MHz DSD or 384kHz WAV files. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without converting to PCM audio. This app is available now as a free download for Windows and Mac. Ideal for users of TASCAM’s hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, TASCAM’s Hi-Res Editor is one of the only ways to edit native DSD master recordings.
Wtfplay project is an initiative to create a quality music player for Linux. Ultimately the project has just one objective – deliver the best sound quality possible – with no compromises.
Initially the player has been created: wtfplay. Soon the project evolved and wtfplay-live Linux distribution was born.
wtfplay-live is a minimalist Linux distribution purely dedicated to audio playback. It does not have many features, but offers exceptional sound quality as a reward. Simply put: it is created to play music and it plays music well.
The main features of wtfplay-live are:
- Memory based, bit perfect playback of WAV and FLAC files with PCM data (16 and 24 bit, up to 384kHz), and DSF files with DSD data.
- Fully command line driven. No graphical mode. No network either. The whole system is optimised for sound playback from local disks.
- A small text mode user interface: wtfcui – for more convenient usage.
- Precisely tailored Linux kernel for best sound performance.
- Distributed as Live CD: does not require installation on a hard disk, does not make any changes to your computer configuration.
- Very small system size: the distribution ISO image is less than 50MB.
- Good documentation – to give you all information that you need to comfortably listen to music.
The philosophy of wtfplay project is simple: provide the minimum set of features for easy use and focus 100% efforts on sound quality.
Playtime is a FREE premium VST created by Daniel of Reflekt Audio. Playtime consist if 10 different toy instruments that range from a desktop drum kit with a few toms and a hi hat, to a toy keyboard, a toy banjo, and more! The Playtime VST plugin has multiple blend-able microphones that the user can blend together to create one overall tone. Each instrument was sampled from real toys so you can bet on a unique and interesting toy like sound.
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support
- Built-in file browser with sound playback and wave/program preview
- Fully skinnable
- Program icons
- Dual playback engine
- Direct from disk – supports massive sample sizes
- RAM playback – sample accurate loop modulation
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation
- 128 voice polyphony
- Two 6/12/24 dB resonant filters per voice
- Low-, high, band- and all-pass
- Notch, peak, low- and high shelf
- Two sync-able LFO per voice
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice
- Three Step Sequencers per voice
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice
- Three-way cross modulation (variable modulation strength)
- Variable keyboard scales
- Multiple trigger modes
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation
- 8 choke groups per program
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation
- Polyphonic glide
- Multiple glide modes
- Polyphony limit per channel
- VST micro tuning support
- Built-in oscillators
- Multiple waveforms.
- Pulse width modulation.
- Mix synthesized and sampled content.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping
- Actually Samples!* Record audio straight into the sampler from host (Requires routing/input capable host).
- Built-in MIDI generator and automatic sample cutter for quick re-sampling of external or internal content
- Automatic pitch detection
- Loop tools
- Loop auto detector
- Loop overlay
- Non-destructive, interactive loop cross fading
- Multiple loop definitions per wave
- Individual loops for sustain/release per mapping
- Trim, cut, duplicate
- Pitch detection
- Tempo detection
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic sample layout
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit
- Cut & paste or drag and drop move and copy between groups and programs
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks
- Multiple outputs
- 12 Stereo outputs, 8 of which can be switched to mono
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums)
- 16 mappable controllers for modulation
- 128 mappable VST parameters for modulation
- All sound parameters can be automated or mapped to MIDI controllers
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2
- SFZ Files
- Logic EXS
- Akai AKP
- Ogg Vorbis
- Typhoon compressed AIFC files
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory
- Low CPU usage
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- Multi platform
- MacOSX 10.7+ AU/VST2 (64bit)/VST3 (64bit)/AAX
- Windows 7+ VST/VST3/AAX support
- 64-bit support
- Nice sound!