Beast is a digital synthesizer and music creation system, released as Free Software under the GNU LGPL-2.1+. It has support for Linux Audio Plugins (LADSPA), multi-track editing, unlimited undo, real-time synthesis, MIDI and various audio formats like WAV, AIFF, Vorbis, Soundfont 2, Gus Patch, FLAC and MP3 files, 32bit audio rendering, full duplex support, multi-core audio rendering, SIMD utilisation, precise timing at sample granularity, FFT spectrograms and MIDI automation. The project is translated into a variety of languages.
AntennaPod is a flexible and open-source podcast manager for Android that’s really simple and easy to use. It lets you listen to and download thousands of podcasts without having to use a browser. It’s got all the features you would need, and none of the crap you don’t. Its features include automatic download and playback with variable speed, RSS and Atom feeds, OPML import and export, Flattr integration and more! AntennaPod is currently being tested to work on a number of different combinations of Android versions, phones and use cases. It is also being translated in various languages through its Transifex project page.
- Automatic Download and Streaming
- Password Protected RSS and Atom Feeds
- OPML Import and Export
- Flattr integration
- gpodder.net integration
- Chapter Marks, Simple Chapters and Paged Feeds
- Player homescreen widget
- ChromeCast support
- Sleep timer
- Automatic feed update
- Advanced download settings
Soft4Boost Any Audio Record is free software that can record audio from any source. A simple user-friendly interface makes working with Any Audio Record easy and convenient. Now you don’t need other converters as Soft4Boost Any Audio Record supports many of the common audio formats – MP3, AAC, WAV, MP2, OGG, M4A, WMA etc. Soft4Boost Any Audio Record allows you to record all Skype Internet (P2P) and landline calls.
Now, you can change Soft4Boost Any Audio Record design as you wish! There are 11 beautiful skins! Soft4Boost Any Audio Record interface is available in English, Danish, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian and Turkish.
ScoreDate is your date with the music! It is open source software written in Java that helps musicians learn to read music; it also helps with ear training. It is suitable for any skill level, from beginner to professional; from slow training to first sight reading.
- Notes in line exercise
- Rhythms exercise
- Score reading exercise
- Ear training exercise with 4 levels of difficulty
- Exercises – creation, edit, save and playback
- Statistics with monthly and daily view
- Support of four clefs: Violin, Bass, Alto, Tenor, with a maximum of two at the same time
- Support of notes: Whole, half, dotted half, quarter, dotted quarter, eighth, triplets, pauses
- Selection of the notes range for each clef. Maximum of 4 additional lines above and below the staff
- Virtual piano, to exercise without having external devices
- Chords, intervals and accidentals exercise
- Learning mode, that shows the name of the note or the chord displayed on the staff
- Realtime playback supporting ASIO, WDMKS, DirectSound, Jack, ALSA, OSS
- Translated in to 15 languages
VirtualDJ delivers more features than any other software. The latest groundbreaking technology is always available in VirtualDJ first! With VirtualDJ you’re guaranteed to be ahead of the curve with the latest high-tech and innovative features
Although VirtualDJ is packed with features, it is still easy to learn. You can start with the basics and advance as you learn more. VirtualDJ is well suited for both the amateur starter, or the seasoned professional DJ and comes with all the features you’ll ever need. With VirtualDJ you can turn any event into a total success! Whether it’s scratch performance and video mixing, or from bedroom broadcast to upscale wedding events.
VirtualDJ lets you do more! Unleash your creative potential…
Free For Home Use
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins:
Frescobaldi is a free and open source LilyPond sheet music text editor. Designed to be powerful yet lightweight and easy-to-use, Frescobaldi offers great functionality and a host of useful features such as music view with advanced two-way Point & Click, Midi capturing to enter music, a Snippet Manager and many more.
Frescobaldi is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.
- Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view with advanced two-way Point & Click
- Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Midi capturing to enter music
- Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in help
- Configurable document outline view to navigate large LilyPond scores easily
- Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
- Import ABC, Midi and MusicXML using the LilyPond-provided tools
- Experimental export to MusicXML
- Modern user interface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazilian and Ukrainian.
Spek (IPA: /spɛk/, ‘bacon’ in Dutch) helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek is free software available for Unix, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats thanks to the FFmpeg libraries.
- Ultra-fast signal processing, uses multiple threads to further speed up the analysis.
- Shows the codec name and the audio signal parameters.
- Allows to save the spectrogram as an image file.
- Drag-and-drop support; associates with common audio file formats.
- Auto-fitting time, frequency and spectral density rulers.
- Adjustable spectral density range.
- Translated into 19 languages.
Jniz is a free proprietary piece of software designed for musicians as a support tool to the musical composition. It allows you to build and to harmonize several voices according to the rules of classical harmony.
To be convinced of the limitations observed and of the work done by the great classical masters such as Bach, Mozart or Beethoven, please refer to Wikipedia, the Walter Piston Harmony book or the Schonberg theory.
The perfect knowledge and the good practice of these rules are not required but you will undoubtedly save time and it will help you greatly in using and understanding the mechanism of Jniz.
- interface of musical notation which allows you to create, edit, save a score
- number of voices up to 16 (256 with layers).
- possibility to change of Key at any time.
- Jnz, MusicXml, LillyPond, Midi, PDF export.
- listen to the available Midi ports.
- redo / undo
- Non harmonic tones (appoggiatura, echappee, suspension, passing, pedal, cambiata, anticipation)
- Minor melodic keys
- Chords notation recognition
- harmonic correction of your work following the set of predefined rules
- to give one or several solutions in case of fault if one or more rules are circumvented (Solver module).
- Empty staves filled up by Solver (Auto Harmonizing)
- Keys / modulations simulation tool
- Solvers serialization
- multi-cores support
- Input with Midi keyboards or microphones / input lines
- Audio / sound to midi converter (monophonic)
- Windows, Linux, OS X compatible (32/64 bits)
- multi-languages support
SoundSwitch offers you the opportunity to switch your playback devices and/or recording devices using simple hotkeys.
No more navigating through several menus and screens. Just configure SoundSwitch once – and you are able to switch between your devices as fast as never before!