dpMeter is a precise digital audio multi channel meter including RMS, EBU R 128, Dialog gated and TruePeak (intersample) measurement. It is the successor of the very popular dpMeter4 and adds GUI resizing and preset management.
DR14 T.meter is a free and open source command line tool for computing the Dynamic Range of your music according to the procedure used in the off-line meter released by the Pleasurize Music Foundation.
This tool is a very useful measure of how loud your music is, and for understanding that a good quality album always has a wide dynamic range, and it’s also useful for understanding the effects of the so called ‘loudness war’.
Dr14 t.meter is released under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license and is intended for the Linux users who can not use the Windows application released by the Pleasurize Music Foundation, or the plugin for Foobar2000.
I’ve largely tested this application and it has always returned results identical to those of the official off-line meter.
- Compute the DR dynamic range of the audio file
TT Dynamic Range Meter makes it possible to provide releases with a whole-number dynamic value to be printed on the recording medium as a logo, giving consumers an immediate means of knowing the dynamic quality of a recording. ~ web.archive.org/web/20090422090108/http://www.pleasurizemusic.com/en/download
MAnalyzer is an advanced spectral analyzer and sonogram containing unique features such as smoothing, normalization, super-resolution, prefiltering and deharmonization. The included meters provide a peak meter and EBU R128 and ITU-R BS 1770-3 compliant loudness meter.
The Sonalksis FreeG is everything you need in a master fader. A simple, but absolutely indispensable plug-in, the FreeG extends the functionality of a typical audio host by providing a large-format style fader, along with ultra accurate metering. FreeG helps to maximise workflow with extended, customizable metering, and multiple control features and settings.
When working with digital audio, a lack of fine metering and extended signal flow control in the host is a common issue. FreeG helps to improve workflow in the host by providing these features in the insert chain. By delivering enhanced control of amplitude, phase and pan (stereo version) in the insert chain as well as fine metering, with user configurable industry standard ballistic options, the freeG is the perfect master control.
- Long-throw fader
- Ultra accurate metering
- Multiple metering ballistic types
- Peak and RMS readouts
- Pre/Post metering options
- Selectable Pan-Law
- ‘Fine’ mode for sensitive calibration of the master fader
- Mono-compatible for use in tracking situations
- VST and Audio Unit (32 and 64 bit)
A component to display visualisations and track information on a variety of Logitech LCD screens.
- Support for monochrome LCDs (G13, G15, G510 & Z-10)
- Support for colour LCDs (G19)
- 11 different visualisations (4 spectrum analysers, 4 oscilloscopes, 3 VU meters)
- Track info display
- Massively customisable
mvMeter2 is a multivariable meter including RMS, EBUR128, VU and PPM measurement. mvMeter2 is the successor of mvMeter and adds single/dual meter display, adjustable reference level for all meter modes, adjustable meter delay and preset management.
- behavior of classic analog VU and PPM meters
- multiple measurement modes: PEAK, RMS, EBU R128, VU and PPM
- multi channel metering: stereo, left, right, mid, side
- single and dual meter display
- adjustable reference level for all meter modes
- adjustable meter delay
- preset management
- adjustable pre-gain including gain matching
- instance label
- large and accurate live meters
- 64-bit internal processing
- 5 different meter themes
- GUI resizing up 400%, ready for 4k displays
- free of charge
This project is the MATLAB development of a virtual sound level meter. The program will read in a calibrated .wav file and allow the user to analyze it as one would analyze a sound field with a sound level meter. The software implements Fast, Slow, Impulse and LEQ; A, C and Flat Weighting; Ln and Noise Dose analysis; Octave and 1/3 Octave band analysis; high resolution FFT analysis and spectrograms. Band analysis can be made using fast FFT methods or slower, but ANSI standard methods.
Source code requires MATLAB + Signal Processing Toolbox.
Developed under MATLAB R2010a (but might work with some earlier versions)
Executable version does not require MATLAB and runs under Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- MATLAB Based Software Sound Analyzer
- Mimics results of an ANSI Standard Integrating Sound Level Meter
- Includes Lp, LEQ, Octave and 1/3 Octave Band, NC, RC and FFT Analysis
Youlean Loudness Meter is your ultimate free VST, VST3, AU and AAX plugin for loudness measurement.