Free online Tap BPM tool allows you to calculate tempo and count Beats Per Minute (BPM) by tapping any key to the rhythm or beat. Tap for a few seconds to quickly calculate BPM without waiting the whole minute. You may optionally configure it for Beats Per Second (BPS) or Beats Per Hour (BPH).
TempoPerfect is a free software metronome. Unlike mechanical metronomes, our software metronome provides a clear and precise beat that won’t wind down, making it an essential tool for any musician.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Highly accurate beat simulation
- Accent the first beat in a measure
- Preset tempos include Largo, Allegro, Presto and more
- Visual beat indicator bar provides a helpful visual cue
- Create accurate beat patterns for simple or complex rhythms
- Subdivide beats to hear difficult patterns, such as triplets
- BPM Tempo Guide chart for each speed of music (e.g., Allegro=120-168)
- Subdivide beats into accented beats and regular beats to emphasize different patterns
- Use on your computer or as a metronome app on your mobile device
- TempoPerfect also includes a tempo guide within the program which is a helpful resource for remembering the BPM for particular speed markings (e.g., Allegro).
BPM Counter is a fast and accurate beats per minute detector for MP3 music. It may be helpful for DJs who need to get information about the entire music collection quickly and for any kind of remixing/sampling stuff. Do not trust online BPM databases, because each musical composition can have several versions with a different tempo. Don’t waste your time for manual tapping with a metronome, just navigate to any folder with music and BPM finder will show all compatible audio files (MP3 and WAV) and start BPM detection automatically.
Have you already encountered the fact that your analyzer returns half or double value? This is a fairly common mistake, called an octave error. Most often this happens with simplified algorithms that cut off the frequency spectrum of the audio signal. Seeing that, we use full-range audio decoders from Audio Converter Plus to ensure a balance between performance and precision.
SoundTouch is an open-source audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM rate.
The SoundTouch library is intended for application developers writing sound processing tools that require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example utility SoundStretch for processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
Access the source codes in gitlab or download the compiled executables.
VirtualDJ delivers more features than any other software. The latest groundbreaking technology is always available in VirtualDJ first! With VirtualDJ you’re guaranteed to be ahead of the curve with the latest high-tech and innovative features
Although VirtualDJ is packed with features, it is still easy to learn. You can start with the basics and advance as you learn more. VirtualDJ is well suited for both the amateur starter, or the seasoned professional DJ and comes with all the features you’ll ever need. With VirtualDJ you can turn any event into a total success! Whether it’s scratch performance and video mixing, or from bedroom broadcast to upscale wedding events.
VirtualDJ lets you do more! Unleash your creative potential…
Free For Home Use
Free open source GPL metronome (a “branch” of “Weird Metronome“) for Windows, Windows Mobile, & Pocket PC. Uses user-definable multi-voice WAV or MIDI (PC only) sounds for the beats. Has a blinker & allows user defined bpm & fine measure control.
- Accurate metronome sound! No skips or variation in audio output!
- Custom rhythm patterns: use it as a (very basic) drum machine
- User definable beats per minute
- Set measure to any length, with emphasis on any beat(s)
- Over 40 MIDI voices, optionally available as WAV samples
- Up to nine simultaneous voices per beat
- Add your own WAV samples to use whatever sounds you like
- Highly customizable parameters
- Define HotKeys to perform functions such as increase tempo
- Set the Maximum & minimum tempo available via the tempo slider
Smart Mix Player is a free auto disc jockey player for Linux and Windows. It plays audio files as a non stop mix, but not in the way that traditional auto DJ software does!
Most of these players mix songs together at the end of a song with a simple fade out and fade in. Smart Mix Player goes a big step further and mixes like a real DJ!
foo_bpm – A Foobar component for automatically analyzing the BPM of audio files.
Then add a BPM playlist column
Then select and scan files
Once foo_bpm is installed, songs can be selected then scanned. The songs will now be tagged with the %bpm% tag and can be selected or sorted by beats per minute.