Upload your audio files to find the key and tempo of the tracks in your library. This is a tool for DJs interested in harmonic mixing, producers looking to remix songs, and anyone trying to understand their music a little better.
Tag Archives: BPM
Metronomek ~ Digital Metronome That Tries To Be Analogue
Trivial looking metronome with natural sounds and ‘classical’ approach.
- High quality recorded natural sounds of different beat kinds
- Handling similar to mechanical devices
- Changing time signature and visual counting
Transport ~ Transport Info Display
A handy little tool which provides all the information about measure, time, sample count etc that most hosts usually hide somewhere in a tiny little part of the screen. Transport is resizable and you can pick your own colours. Ideally, you’d drag it onto an external monitor in your 1000 square feet wooden studio and make it fullscreen so that your recording artists always stay oriented, but it works in smaller settings as well ;-). Made upon request by a DDMF user, we thought this gem is too good to not make it available for everybody. Transport is available as a 32 and 64 bit plugin in VST, RTAS, AAX (Win + Mac) and AU (Mac) format. MacOSX 10.6 is required.
AGS ~ Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer
Advanced GTK+ Sequencer is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel.
It’s designed to be highly configurable, you may add effects to its effect chain, add or remove audio channels/pads.
You may set up a fully functional network of engines, therefore exists a link editor for linking audio lines.
In conjunction with ags you need a realtime kernel and alsa support. `ags` uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that’s why you need at least a preemptible kernel.
- save or open Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer XML files with XPath support
- add or remove audio engines with adjustable audio channels and pads
- link channels with property dialog
- output panel, mixer, drum and matrix sequencer, soft synth and audio file player
- piano roll with basic notation editing supporting copy & paste
- adjustable BPM
- LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 support
- export to WAV, FLAC, OGG and others
- multiple sinks like Pulseaudio, JACK, ALSA and OSS
- automation editor
- waveform editor with copy & paste
- capture sound with AgsAudiorec machine
- MIDI instrument input
- import/export to Standard MIDI Files
- OSC content format support
- OSC server for remote control and monitoring
Drumstick Metronome ~ Linux Precision Beats
Drumstick Metronome is a MIDI based metronome using the ALSA sequencer. It’s intended for musicians and music students, as a tool to keep the rhythm while playing musical instruments. It uses MIDI for sound generation instead of digital audio, allowing low CPU usage and very accurate timing, thanks to the ALSA sequencer.
- Easy to use graphic user interface.
- MIDI only. Can be used with software or external MIDI synthesizers.
- Based on ALSA sequencer. Provides input and output ports
- Highly customizable parameters.
- External control: D-Bus and MIDI realtime.
- Custom rhythm patterns.
BPM Online ~ Beats Per Minute Webservice
Free online Tap BPM tool allows you to calculate tempo and count Beats Per Minute (BPM) by tapping any key to the rhythm or beat. Tap for a few seconds to quickly calculate BPM without waiting the whole minute. You may optionally configure it for Beats Per Second (BPS) or Beats Per Hour (BPH).
TempoPerfect ~ Cross-platform Metronome
TempoPerfect is a free software metronome. Unlike mechanical metronomes, our software metronome provides a clear and precise beat that won’t wind down, making it an essential tool for any musician.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Highly accurate beat simulation
- Accent the first beat in a measure
- Preset tempos include Largo, Allegro, Presto and more
- Visual beat indicator bar provides a helpful visual cue
- Create accurate beat patterns for simple or complex rhythms
- Subdivide beats to hear difficult patterns, such as triplets
- BPM Tempo Guide chart for each speed of music (e.g., Allegro=120-168)
- Subdivide beats into accented beats and regular beats to emphasize different patterns
- Use on your computer or as a metronome app on your mobile device
- TempoPerfect also includes a tempo guide within the program which is a helpful resource for remembering the BPM for particular speed markings (e.g., Allegro).
BPM Counter ~ Beats Per Minute mp3 Tagger
BPM Counter is a fast and accurate beats per minute detector for MP3 music. It may be helpful for DJs who need to get information about the entire music collection quickly and for any kind of remixing/sampling stuff. Do not trust online BPM databases, because each musical composition can have several versions with a different tempo. Don’t waste your time for manual tapping with a metronome, just navigate to any folder with music and BPM finder will show all compatible audio files (MP3 and WAV) and start BPM detection automatically.
Have you already encountered the fact that your analyzer returns half or double value? This is a fairly common mistake, called an octave error. Most often this happens with simplified algorithms that cut off the frequency spectrum of the audio signal. Seeing that, we use full-range audio decoders from Audio Converter Plus to ensure a balance between performance and precision.
SoundTouch ~ Audio Processing Library
SoundTouch is an open-source audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM rate.
The SoundTouch library is intended for application developers writing sound processing tools that require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example utility SoundStretch for processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
Access the source codes in gitlab or download the compiled executables.
VirtualDJ ~ Standalone DJ Mixer
VirtualDJ delivers more features than any other software. The latest groundbreaking technology is always available in VirtualDJ first! With VirtualDJ you’re guaranteed to be ahead of the curve with the latest high-tech and innovative features
Although VirtualDJ is packed with features, it is still easy to learn. You can start with the basics and advance as you learn more. VirtualDJ is well suited for both the amateur starter, or the seasoned professional DJ and comes with all the features you’ll ever need. With VirtualDJ you can turn any event into a total success! Whether it’s scratch performance and video mixing, or from bedroom broadcast to upscale wedding events.
VirtualDJ lets you do more! Unleash your creative potential…
Free For Home Use