What sets this frontend for ffmpeg apart from other stereo simulators is it creates an illusion of actual stereo separation. More importantly, it produces none of the weird phasing, and/or time delay artifacts. And very little, if any of the tone discoloration, when those others aren’t meticulously set up just right. All this is accomplished by using the ffmpeg crossover audio filter to split the sound into 8 frequency bands. The split points are based on center frequencies of a typical 1/3 octave equalizer. Those 8 bands are then panned in varying degrees to left and right. The varying width of each band is set to achieve the best balance between the left and right channels.
Tag Archives: stereo
Utility ~ Channel Strip Plugin
Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling
BinAural VST ~ Mono To 3D Stereo
A mono-to-stereo VST plugin that positions sound in a 3D space using Head-Related Transfer Functions. Created with JUCE framework.
Wider ~ Powerful Stereo Expansion
Pseudo stereo without phase issues. Wider takes the massively popular stereo section from its sibling, Manipulator, and creates the illusion of an expanded stereo image of a mono signal to an awe-inspiring amount of width. However, Wider is a unique stereo plugin in the sense that it is completely “mono-compatible”, meaning that any signal that has been extended will always remain in phase with itself, even if summed to mono.
2BusControl ~ Cross Platform Balance Plugin
A universal L/R plus MONO/DIFF monitor control and Balance / Correlation metering plug-in for stereo bus masters.