What sets this frontend for ffmpeg apart from other stereo simulators is it creates an illusion of actual stereo separation. More importantly, it produces none of the weird phasing, and/or time delay artifacts. And very little, if any of the tone discoloration, when those others aren’t meticulously set up just right. All this is accomplished by using the ffmpeg crossover audio filter to split the sound into 8 frequency bands. The split points are based on center frequencies of a typical 1/3 octave equalizer. Those 8 bands are then panned in varying degrees to left and right. The varying width of each band is set to achieve the best balance between the left and right channels.
Tag Archives: mono
Utility ~ Channel Strip Plugin
Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling
2BusControl ~ Cross Platform Balance Plugin
A universal L/R plus MONO/DIFF monitor control and Balance / Correlation metering plug-in for stereo bus masters.