Libretime is an open source radio automation and broadcasting solution helping communities get on-air with ease. LibreTime makes it easy to run your own online or terrestrial radio station. It is a community managed fork of the AirTime project.
KRadio is an Internet and/or AM/FM radio application for KDE Frameworks 5. It has support for V4L and V4L2 radio devices, internet radio, RDS, lirc remote control, MP3 and Ogg/Vorbis recording, TimeShift playing, alarms and much more. Try it out!
- Linux Radio Devices with V4L1 / V4L2 support (incl. PVR cards and RDS)
- Internet Radio
- dbus interface
- Timeshift, Recording
- LIRC support
- MPRIS support
This is ‘Great Little Radio Player’. It is a robust internet radio station streamer. It connects to web sites offering radio streaming and lets you play radio stations directly from that location. Developed for Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
- Radio streaming
- Stations have country and genre tags
- Fast playing remote stations
- You can make stations favorite
- Looks good
- Searching stations by name, country and genre
Radio Tray is an online radio streaming player that runs on a Linux system tray. Its goal is to have the minimum interface possible, making it very straightforward to use. Radio Tray is not a full featured music player, there are plenty of excellent music players already. However, there was a need for a simple application with minimal interface just to listen to online radios. And that’s the sole purpose of Radio Tray.
- plays most media formats (based on gstreamer libraries)
- drag & drop bookmarks support
- easy to use
- supports PLS playlist format (Shoutcast/Icecast)
- supports M3U playlist format
- supports ASX, WAX and WVX playlist format
- extensible by plugins
Radiotray-NG: An Internet radio player for Linux (updated fork)
Skywave Linux is a 64 bit live system providing installed and configured software for accessing software defined radio servers locally and on the internet. With this operating system, a person may tune shortwave broadcasts, amateur radio, aeronautical, maritime, or other signals received at remote servers around the world.
SDR software is configured for popular devices, such as the RTL-SDR dongles, Softrocks, Hermes, and other radios.
Skywave Linux is a 64 bit system built over Ubuntu Linux, and may be installed on a bootable USB stick, SD card, DVD, or hard drive.
- WebSDR, OpenWebRX radio servers accessible via internet browser.
- HPSDR servers accessible via QtRadio
- HPSDR hardware also via cudaSDR
- RTL-SDR plug-and-play functionality via CubicSDR, Gqrx, and QtRadio
- RTL-SDR ADS-B tracking and mapping via Dump1090
- RTL-SDR RDS decoding via Gqrx and Redsea
- SDRPlay, Airspy radio hardware is supported.
- LADSPA audio plugins for EQ/Compression/Limiting
- WSJT -X / WSPR-X weak signal digimode software
- Weather Satellite Decoding via WXtoImg
- Satellite tracking with Gpredict
- Trunked Radio System Reception with SDRTrunk
- Radio firmware & data management with CHIRP
- Kodi Media Center for conventional internet streaming
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins:
Streamripper was started sometime back in early 2000. Streamripper started as a way to separate tracks via Shoutcast’s title-streaming feature. This has now been expanded into a much more generic feature, where part of the program only tries to “hint” at where one track starts and another ends, thus allowing a mp3 decoding engine to scan for a silent mark, which is used to find an exact track separation.
Streamripper is now part of the FreeBSD standard distribution, mentioned in the Linux MP3 HOWTO, known to compile on many platforms such as Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, BeOS, OS/2. This is not surprising as portability was a constant consideration during development.
With the emergence of file sharing protocols such as Napster, Gnutella, and now Mojonation and Freenet, the average Internet user can download nearly any mp3 he wants in a matter of no time, but many times people don’t know what they want. Streamripper allows you to download an entire station of music. Many of these mp3 radio stations only play certain genres, so you can now download an entire collection of goa/trance music, an entire collection of jazz, punk rock, whatever you want.
Stealth Player is a Windows music player without a GUI. You control it using global hotkeys. Stealth Player understands a lot of popular stream and tracker music formats. It also supports internet radio and playlists.