AlsaPlayer for Linux is a new kind of player that effectively runs pulse-code modulation or .PCM files. The player uses multithreading pretty heavily and was written specifically for giving some good exercise to the new Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) driver and the library system. If you look closely, you’ll observe that AlsaPlayer has some highly interesting features that can be found only in the UNIX-based or Linux-based players. The main goal of the people who created AlsaPlayer for Linux was to develop a completely pluggable framework that could playback every type of media file, with majority of focus on the PCM audio data.
A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
“Sekaiju” is free, open source MIDI sequencer / editor software for creating and editing MIDI data. You can record MIDI keyboard or synthesizer playing to the computer, and you can compose music to play with your MIDI modules or synthesizers. Since it allows editing of all kinds of events, and has an unlimited undo and redo feature, Sekaiju can also be used as a powerful MIDI editor. A real-time input which can input each MIDI channel messages into separate tracks at the same time is a popular feature .
Monkey’s Audio is a fast and easy way to compress digital music. Unlike traditional methods such as mp3, ogg, or wma that permanently discard quality to save space, Monkey’s Audio only makes perfect, bit-for-bit copies of your music. That means it always sounds perfect – exactly the same as the original. Even though the sound is perfect, it still saves a lot of space (think of it as a beefed-up Winzip™ your music). The other great thing is that you can always decompress your Monkey’s Audio files back to the exact, original files. That way, you’ll never have to recopy your CD collection to switch formats, and you’ll always be able to perfectly recreate the original music CD.
GNUsound is a multitrack sound editor for GNOME 1 and 2.
GNUMP3d is a streaming server for MP3s, OGG vorbis files, movies and other media formats.
It is designed to be:
- Small, stable, portable, self-contained, and secure.
- Simple to install, configure, and use.
- Portable across different varieties of Unix, the GNU Operating System, and Microsoft Windows platforms.
APlayer is a lovely HTML5 music player.
- Media formats – MP4 H.264 (AAC or MP3) – WAVE PCM – Ogg Theora Vorbis
- Features – Playlist – Lyrics
Drumstick MIDI Monitor is a MIDI monitor for Linux using ALSA sequencer and Qt5 user interface.
- Easy to use Qt5 graphic user interface
- Based on ALSA sequencer. Provides one input port to be connected to other programs and devices using the usual external tools (aconnect, QJackCtl…)
- Customizable event filters and sequencer parameters
- Supports all MIDI messages, including System Exclusive, and some ALSA messages
- MIDI Playback of the recorded session or loaded MIDI file
- Saves to a text file or standard MIDI file the recorded event list
An AirPlay Audio-Receiver for your Windows-PC. Play audio content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod or iTunes on your PC with Shairport4w. AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what’s on your iOS device whenever you see the AirPlay symbol.
- Stream music wirelessly
- Integrates with iPod/iPad/iPhone/iTunes