From a light ensemble to a deep destructive modulation effect, Blue Cat’s Chorus can just do anything, for free! The Chorus effect was originally designed to simulate several voices, just as if several persons were playing together the same notes, but with a variable delay between them. This is one of the typical effects that you can get with Blue Cat’s Chorus. But this plug-in also enables you to drastically change the original sound and create deep pitch modulation or crazy ‘bubbling’ effects. With the additional “Spread” control on the stereo version, the famous stereo widening and head spinning chorus effects are a few click away.
A Podcast app made with Electron because I love Podcasts.
CamelCrusher is a free ‘colouring’ multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
There’s also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter with buckets of resonance. Assign a MIDI controller and start tweaking!
Finally, let’s not forget the easiest-to-use compressor you’ll find anywhere. It can ‘phatten’ up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the ‘Amount’ knob! Find out more in the manual.
Best of all, CamelCrusher is available free of charge!
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with ‘Phat’ mode.
- Powerful ‘MIDI Learn’ function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration.”
4Front E-Piano is a small single sound instrument without any settings that reproduces a timbre, which is similar to DX-7 type e-piano. It is available as VSTi for Windows, and as an AudioUnit, VSTi and RTAS for Mac (see enclosed readme file).
This instrument is small on memory and CPU usage and was found useful by many users and software developers as a plug&play e-piano module, which does not require any configuration or adjustment.
Though this goes without saying for professional users, I still had a frequent question on how to use this plugin from people, who are not familiar with this technolog. One should note, that to make use of this software a plugin hosting software is necessary, such as Topten Cantabile software. A MIDI keyboard is also preferred, as it is something almost essential to create a computer music these days.
There is also 4Front R-Piano, which replicates a different type of E-Piano.
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The concept is “proudly digital” in the sense that it doesn’t try to emulate any previously existing device. This is the original!
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode previews the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated, click free bypass (i.e. processing never interrupted)
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
User interface front end supporting famous MP3Gain engine which analyzes and losslessly adjusts MP3 files to a specified target volume. A complete re-creation (made in QT5) of the original MP3Gain GUI, however it can be run on more platforms.
This software can be used to search scales & chords from a large and expandable database (XML). Thanks to the jmusic project (jmusic.sourceforge.io), this is also possible to generate music starting from these scales & chords and export the result to MIDI file.
- Scales & chords finder
- Music generator (MIDI)
With its bit crushing and downsampling algorithms, Krush combines the crispy taste of the digital realm with the warmth of its drive stage and analog modeled resonant filters. A modulation section allows you to quickly add extra life to the sound by modulating any parameter.
The sound palette produced by Krush ranges from the dirtiest digital effects to crunchy modulated colours, with all the classic and weirdest bit-crushing effects in between.
A graphical (Qt5) client for MPD, supporting the following features:
- Supports Linux, macOS, Windows, and Haiku. NOTE: Only Linux actively supported as of 2.3.3
- Multiple MPD collections.
- Highly customisable layout.
- Songs (optionally) grouped by album in play queue.
- Context view to show artist, album, and song information of current track.
- Simple tag editor.
- File organizer – use tags to organize files and folders.
- Ability to calculate ReplyGain tags. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Dynamic playlists.
- Smart Playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts.
- Radio stream support – with the ability to search for streams via TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
- USB-Mass-Storage and MTP device support. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Audio CD ripping and playback. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Playback of non-MPD songs – via simple in-built HTTP server.
- MPRISv2 DBUS interface.
- Ratings support.
- “Partitions” support.