Common Music (CM) is a real-time music composition system implemented in JUCE/C++ and Scheme. It generates musical output via MIDI, OSC, CLM, FOMUS and CSOUND. Its user application is called GRACE (Graphical Real-time Algorithmic Composition Environment)
- Algorithmic music composition environment
- Runs on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Real time scheduling of musical algorithms
- Two coding languages for designing algorithms: S7 Scheme and SAL (an easy-to-learn alternate)
- MIDI input/output
- CLM/Sndlib audio system built in (Scottstaedt)
- CCRMA digital audio instrument definitions built in (Scottstaedt)
- Open Sound Control input/output
- Metronomes and running algorithm redefinition for live coding
- Data visualization
- Music pattern definitions
- Fomus system built in for computing music notations (Psenicka)
Algorithms and Interactive Tools for Exploring Music Composition, Analysis, and Interdisciplinary Learning.
This web site has interactive tools that provide a unique learning experience for users, regardless of their musical training. Students of music composition can explore algorithmic composition, while others can create musical representations of models for the purpose of aural interpretation and analysis. Here, the algorithmic process is used in a creative context so that users can convert sequences of numbers into sounds.
Frescobaldi is a free and open source LilyPond sheet music text editor. Designed to be powerful yet lightweight and easy-to-use, Frescobaldi offers great functionality and a host of useful features such as music view with advanced two-way Point & Click, Midi capturing to enter music, a Snippet Manager and many more.
Frescobaldi is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.
- Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view with advanced two-way Point & Click
- Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Midi capturing to enter music
- Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in help
- Configurable document outline view to navigate large LilyPond scores easily
- Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
- Import ABC, Midi and MusicXML using the LilyPond-provided tools
- Experimental export to MusicXML
- Modern user interface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazilian and Ukrainian.
Jniz is a free proprietary piece of software designed for musicians as a support tool to the musical composition. It allows you to build and to harmonize several voices according to the rules of classical harmony.
To be convinced of the limitations observed and of the work done by the great classical masters such as Bach, Mozart or Beethoven, please refer to Wikipedia, the Walter Piston Harmony book or the Schonberg theory.
The perfect knowledge and the good practice of these rules are not required but you will undoubtedly save time and it will help you greatly in using and understanding the mechanism of Jniz.
- interface of musical notation which allows you to create, edit, save a score
- number of voices up to 16 (256 with layers).
- possibility to change of Key at any time.
- Jnz, MusicXml, LillyPond, Midi, PDF export.
- listen to the available Midi ports.
- redo / undo
- Non harmonic tones (appoggiatura, echappee, suspension, passing, pedal, cambiata, anticipation)
- Minor melodic keys
- Chords notation recognition
- harmonic correction of your work following the set of predefined rules
- to give one or several solutions in case of fault if one or more rules are circumvented (Solver module).
- Empty staves filled up by Solver (Auto Harmonizing)
- Keys / modulations simulation tool
- Solvers serialization
- multi-cores support
- Input with Midi keyboards or microphones / input lines
- Audio / sound to midi converter (monophonic)
- Windows, Linux, OS X compatible (32/64 bits)
- multi-languages support
A unique desktop music composing application for PC/Mac/Linux/Android with a tracker style interface and a simple modular Java plugin based design allowing rapid improvement and endless expansion.
We’ve created MuseNet, a deep neural network that can generate 4-minute musical compositions with 10 different instruments, and can combine styles from country to Mozart to the Beatles. MuseNet was not explicitly programmed with our understanding of music, but instead discovered patterns of harmony, rhythm, and style by learning to predict the next token in hundreds of thousands of MIDI files. MuseNet uses the same general-purpose unsupervised technology as GPT-2, a large-scale transformer model trained to predict the next token in a sequence, whether audio or text.
With TuxGuitar, you will be able to compose music using the following features:
- Tablature editor
- Score Viewer
- Multitrack display
- Auto Scroll while playing
- Note duration management
- Various effects (bend, slide, vibrato, hammer-on/pull-off)
- Support for triplets (5,6,7,9,10,11,12)
- Repeat open and close
- Time signature management
- Tempo management
- Imports and exports gp3,gp4 and gp5 files