Psycle is a Music tracker (like FastTracker 2 or Impulse Tracker) combined with plugin modularity. It supports its own plugin API, the VST2 plugin standard, and a tracker style sampler playback.https://sourceforge.net/projects/psycle
SoundTracker is a music tracking tool for Unix / X11 similar in design to the DOS program FastTracker and the Amiga legend ProTracker. Samples can be lined up on tracks and patterns which are then arranged to a song. Supported module formats are XM and MOD; the player code is the one from OpenCP. A basic sample recorder and editor is also included. SoundTracker is free (“open source”) software, licensed under the GNU GPL.
OpenMPT is a powerful audio application that makes writing music fun, easy and efficient.
OpenMPT (shorthand for Open ModPlug Tracker) is completely free and allows you to create and play back some great music on your computer. Based on the original ModPlug Tracker written by Olivier Lapicque, OpenMPT is free software, can import a wide variety of module formats and offers an intuitive, native GUI as well as advanced features such as VST plugins and ASIO output.
In addition to its own song format, OpenMPT can natively edit Impulse Tracker, FastTracker, Scream Tracker and ProTracker module files.
OpenMPT based module player library and libopenmpt based command-line player:
- libopenmpt is a cross-platform C++ and C library to decode tracked music files (modules) [wikipedia] into a raw PCM audio stream.
- openmpt123 is a cross-platform command-line or terminal based module file player.
libopenmpt is based on the player code of the OpenMPT project (Open ModPlug Tracker). In order to avoid code base fragmentation, libopenmpt is developed in the same source code repository as OpenMPT.
libopenmpt ships with plugins for 3 popular Windows audio players already included:
- xmp-openmpt is a plugin based on libopenmpt for XMPlay.
- in_openmpt is an input plugin based on libopenmpt for WinAMP 2.x or later compatible players.
- foo_openmpt is a component based on libopenmpt for foobar2000.
An internet repository for permanent storage of quality music modules from the tracking and demo scene. The Mod Archive began collecting music modules back in 1996. Since then, it has grown and become one of the largest and oldest collections online, thanks to the artists that contributed to The Mod Archive and the Public Domain in general.
VUPlayer is a freeware multi-format audio player for Windows
supporting the following formats:
- MOD – Sound / Noise / ProTracker
- MTM – MultiTracker
- S3M – ScreamTracker
- XM – FastTracker
- IT – ImpulseTracker
- MO3 – MO3 Packer
- MP3 – MPEG Audio
- MP4 – QuickTime MPEG-4 (AAC / Apple Lossless)
- MPC – Musepack
- OGG – Ogg Vorbis
- FLAC – Free Lossless Audio Codec
- APE – Monkey’s Audio
- WV – WavPack
- AIFF – Audio Interchange File Format
- WMA – Windows Media Audio
- WAV – Windows PCM / ACM
- MIDI – Musical Instrument Digital Interface
- CD – Audio CD
MilkyTracker is an open source, multi-platform music application for creating .MOD and .XM module files. It attempts to recreate the module replay and user experience of the popular DOS program Fasttracker II, with special playback modes available for improved Amiga ProTracker 2/3 compatibility.