Aften is an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specification. This type of audio is also known as AC-3 or Dolby® Digital and is one of the audio codecs used in DVD-Video content.
- Converts PCM source audio into AC-3 audio
- Allows for setting of production metadata such as dialogue level, downmix levels, and extended bitstream information
- Supports RAW, WAV, AIFF, and CAFF input file formats
- Supports single multi-channel or multiple mono source files
- Includes several optional pre-processing filters
- Uses multi-threading and assembly optimizations to speed up encoding
Additional decoding and input components expand the range of audio file formats that can be played by Foobar2000. Not all of these components are official or officially recommended. Listed alphabetically by component name.
- foo_ac3 ~ Decodes ATSC A-52 bitstream files (.AC3). Also includes a packet decoder for Matroska files containing AC3 streams.
- foo_asap ~ Decodes Atari 8-bit chiptunes in the following formats: SAP, CMC, CM3, CMR, CMS, DMC, DLT, MPT, MPD, RMT, TMC, TM8, TM2, FC. Also plays files in all foobar2000-supported formats from ATR disk images.
- foo_gep ~ Decodes several game console music formats: AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, SAP, SGC, SPC, and VGM.
- foo_input_adplug ~ Decodes all Adlib FM chip formats supported by the AdPlug library.
- foo_input_amr ~ Plays Adaptive Multi-Rate audio (AMR or AMR-NB).
- foo_input_avs ~ Decodes AviSynth scripts (.AVS), audio only. Requires AviSynth 2.5 or newer.
- foo_input_dsdiff ~ Adds decoding support for DSDIFF files (.DFF).
- foo_input_dts ~ Decodes DTS Coherent Acoustics files (.DTS) and DTS WAV files (.DTSWAV). Also includes a packet decoder for Matroska files containing DTS streams, and a decode post-processor which supports decoding DTS streams from 44100Hz or 48KHz 16-bit lossless PCM streams.
- foo_input_dvda ~ Decoder is capable of playing back DVD-Audio discs, ISO images, AOB, MLP and Dolby TrueHD files in full resolution. Dedicated plugin for DTS-HD playback.
- foo_input_gsf ~ Decodes .GSF/.MINIGSF files.
- foo_input_ht ~ Decodes Sega Dreamcast Sound Format (.DSF/.MINIDSF) files and Sega Saturn Sound Format (.SSF/.MINISSF) files.
- foo_input_hvl ~ Decodes Hively Tracker files (.HVL) as well as Abyss’ Highest eXperience files (.ahx)
- foo_input_kdm ~ Decodes Ken Silverman’s Digital Music format files. (.kdm)
- foo_input_monkey ~ Decodes Monkey’s Audio files (.APE) as well as APE Link files (.APL).
- foo_input_ncsf ~ Decodes Nitro Composer Sound Format files (.NCSF/.MININCSF).
- foo_input_org ~ Decodes Organya (.ORG) files.
- foo_input_qsf ~ Decodes Capcom QSound Sound Format files (.QSF/.MINIQSF).
- foo_input_shorten ~ Adds support for decoding Shorten files and tagging them through external APEv2 tags.
- foo_input_sacd ~ Decoder is capable of playing Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices.
- foo_input_spotify ~ Spotify support for foobar2000. Requires a Spotify premium account.
- foo_input_syntrax ~ Supports playback of the Syntrax or Jaytrax module format. (.JXS)
- foo_input_tak ~ Alternative TAK decoder component. Bundles TAK 2.3.1 beta 1 decoder library.
- foo_input_tfmx ~ Decodes TFMX files (MDAT., TFMX., .MDAT, .TFM, .TFMX, .TFX).
- foo_input_tta ~ Decoder for the TTA Lossless Audio Codec. Decodes .tta files.
- foo_input_usf ~ This is a decoder which adds support for playing (Ultra) Nintendo 64 Sound format (.USF/.MINIUSF) files.
- foo_input_v2m ~ Farbrausch V2 module (V2M) decoder
- foo_input_vgmstream ~ Decodes dozens of streamed ADPCM or other compressed format files extracted from various console and PC games.
- foo_input_vio2sf ~ Decodes Nintendo DS Sound Format files (.2SF/.MINI2SF).
- foo_input_zxtune ~ Decodes ZX Spectrum, Amiga, PC, Atari, Acorn chip / digital / fm tunes.
- foo_luner2 ~ Decodes Lunar: Eternal Blue disc for Sega CD.
- foo_midi ~ Decodes General MIDI files (.MID, .KAR) and RIFF MIDI files (.RMI) as well as several proprietary MIDI formats (.MIDS, .MDS, .HMI, .HMP, .MUS, .XMI, .LDS).
- foo_openmpt54 ~ This component aims to replace the DUMB module decoder, or foo_dumb, as it is much faster, and also in some ways more accurate than DUMB. It also supports more features internally, such as MO3 decoding, and unpacking xpk, ppm, and mmcmp formats. It also supports .MPTM/.MPTMZ, .MO3, .UMX, .MOD/.MDZ/.MDR/.M15, .S3M/.S3Z, .XM/.XMZ, .IT/.ITZ, .STM, .PT36, .NST, .M15, .STK, .ST26, .ICE, .WOW, .ULT, .669, .MTM, .MED, .FAR, .MDL, .AMS, .DSM, .AMF, .OKT, .DMF, .PTM, .PSM, .MT2, .DBM, .DIGI, .IMF (Imago Orpheus), .J2B, .PLM, .SFX, .SFX2, .MMS, .STP, .C67, .GDM, and .DTM.
- foo_pd_aac ~ This component replaces the stock input component’s AAC decoder with the one from FDK-AAC v2.0.1, to support AAC formats not supported by FFmpeg, such as xHE-AAC / USAC.
- foo_psf ~ Decodes Sony Playstation Sound Format files (.PSF/.MINIPSF) as well as Playstation 2 Sound Format files (.PSF2/.MINIPSF2).
- foo_sid ~ Decodes Commodore 64 SID sound files (.SID, .MUS). Based on resid-fp.
- foo_snesapu ~ An alternative decoder for Super Nintendo SPC Sound Format files (.SPC).
- foo_youtube ~ Play Youtube videos and playlists directly from their URLs.
Additional Input Resources:
foo_hdcd ~ This post processing service component will decode HDCD data in any 16-bit PCM stream passed through it by supporting inputs, such as CDDA, WAV, FLAC, and WavPack.
Command-Line Decoder Wrapper ~ This component allows foobar2000 to play or convert any audio format with a standalone command-line decoder available, including various exotic formats that do not have native foobar2000 decoder components. (foo_input_exe)
FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper ~ This component allows foobar2000 to read arbitrary file formats via user-supplied ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe. (foo_input_ffmpeg)
foo_dyndec ~ Exposes the decoded sample rate, number of channels and bit depth to components that can only use static information natively.
foo_input_dummy ~ a pseudo input
An online database of contributions of dynamic range measurements searchable by Artist / Album:
An (optimized) implementation of the music DR measurement (compliant with http://dr.loudness-war.info/), it supports CUE sheets and is faster than all currently available alternatives
ABC, developed by Chris Walshaw, is a format designed to notate music using plain text. It was originally designed for folk tunes of Western European origin which can be written on one staff, but has since been extended to support the notation of complete, classical music scores.
Since its introduction at the end of 1991, ABC has become very popular. Programs on many operating systems use ABC as an input and/or output format. There are programs which produce printed sheet music or allow for computer performances, search in tune databases, or that analyze tunes in some way.
The aim of this project is to promote the ABC language by maintaining the ABC standard and a set of software and source code that manipulate and present music written in ABC.
Classical music extensions for the ABC music notation language.
ABC to HTML.
KVR Audio is a community and news site for popular Audio Plug-in formats and related subjects, such as sample libraries and mobile apps. Our mission is to supply up to date news to VST, AU, RTAS, DX and DSSI/LADSPA plug-in and iOS and Android App users in a friendly, up-front and timely manner.
Playlists, or named lists of songs, are an essential aspect of Foobar2000. Whenever you add a song to Foobar, you are essentially adding it to one of your playlists. Foobar allows you to create and maintain playlists, which are lists of audio tracks (files).
Playlists can be created manually by adding individual songs, or automatically by specifying a set of conditions in a query with the result displayed as an “Autoplaylist”. Manually created playlists are static, they don’t change unless you change them, Autoplaylists are dynamic, that is the results may change whenever the playlist is queried.
Playlists created manually can be edited directly, while Autoplaylists are edited by modifying the query. However, you can save the results of an Autoplaylist as a new static, and therefore editable, playlist.
Creating an Autoplaylist of an Albumlist item like genre:
by genrefrom the Albumlist view selector
- Select a genre from the list of genres
- Right click that selected genre and select
You will now have a new Autoplaylist listed on the playlist manager tab with the name of the genre you selected. Playlists created this way are called an
Album List branch.
Creating an Autoplaylist of a folder’s contents:
- Select the
%path% HASreplace this with the actual path in the search field
- Rename the new playlist (hint, with the path)
AutoPlaylist query examples:
- Lossless ~ “$info(encoding)” IS lossless
- Lossy ~ “$info(encoding)” IS lossy
- Missing title ~ title MISSING (no percent signs)
- Never played ~ %play_count% MISSING
- No Dynamic Range info ~ %dynamic_range_album% MISSING
- No ReplayGain info ~ %replaygain_track_gain% MISSING
- No Artist info ~ %path% HAS album AND album artist MISSING
- Played often ~ %play_count% GREATER 9
- Randomly sorted ~ ALL SORT BY “$rand()”
- Recently added ~ %added% DURING LAST 1 WEEKS
- Recently played ~ %last_played% DURING LAST 1 WEEK
- Recently modified ~ %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS
Foobar Playlist Management Components:
- foo_new_playlist replicates the regular “New playlist” command with a customizable pattern in advanced configuration using %always_counter% and %maybe_counter% to enumerate possible names.
- Playlist Organizer organizes your playlists in a treeview fashion.
- Playlist Attributes allows attributes to be added to playlists.
- Playlist Dropdown displays playlists in a drop down menu.
- Playlist History maintains a playlist history.
- foo_utils allows inactive playlists to be edited or protected from editing.
- foo_playlist_revive replaces old file paths with new file paths
- Playlist_Bind binds a folder to a playlist
- Random Pools creates random dynamic playlists
- Remove Playing Track ~ Removes the playing track from the playing playlist and optionally advances playback.
- SimPlayList Manager has playback status icons, smooth scrolling, and statistics.
Building Autoplaylist querys ~ Foobar2000: Query Syntax
Formatting playlist contents ~ Title Formatting Introduction
Import & export XSPF playlists ~ github.com/Chocobo1/foo_xspf_1
Download software to scrobble from anywhere and any service.
Foobar2000 Playlist Viewers display the current playlist of songs. Different playlist viewers offer various capabilities such as formatting, grouping and visual options. A playlist viewer is usually the central panel and main focus of a Foobar2000 interface.