Aften is an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specification. This type of audio is also known as AC-3 or Dolby® Digital and is one of the audio codecs used in DVD-Video content.
- Converts PCM source audio into AC-3 audio
- Allows for setting of production metadata such as dialogue level, downmix levels, and extended bitstream information
- Supports RAW, WAV, AIFF, and CAFF input file formats
- Supports single multi-channel or multiple mono source files
- Includes several optional pre-processing filters
- Uses multi-threading and assembly optimizations to speed up encoding