A GTK2/GTK3 interface to MPlayer. The power of MPlayer combined with a friendly interface for your desktop; You can play all your multimedia (audio, video, CD, DVDs, and VCDs, streams etc.), organize, sort and create playlists, take screenshots while playing videos, be notified about media changes. Full DVD and MKV chapter support, when supported by Mplayer. Subtitle support with the ability to specify preferred audio and subtitle languages if the media supports it. Support for cover art retrieval from Amazon.com for audio media files with artist and/or album information contained in the file.
Tag Archives: DVD
Aften ~ Create Stereo & Multi-channel Audio
Aften is an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specification. This type of audio is also known as AC-3 or Dolby® Digital and is one of the audio codecs used in DVD-Video content.
- Converts PCM source audio into AC-3 audio
- Allows for setting of production metadata such as dialogue level, downmix levels, and extended bitstream information
- Supports RAW, WAV, AIFF, and CAFF input file formats
- Supports single multi-channel or multiple mono source files
- Includes several optional pre-processing filters
- Uses multi-threading and assembly optimizations to speed up encoding
XMedia Recode ~ Media Converter
XMedia Recode can convert almost all known audio and video formats, including 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, ADTS, AMR, ASF, AVI, AVISynth, DVD, FLAC, FLV, H.261, H.263, H.264, H.265, M4A , M1V, M2V, M4V, Matroska (MKV), MMF, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, TS, TRP, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4V, MOV, QT, OGG, PSP, RM, (S ) VCD, SWF, VOB, WAV, WebM, WMA and WMV.
XMedia Recode can only convert unprotected DVDs.
Lplex ~ Create Lossless Audio DVDs
Lplex is a console application meant to provide a free, quick, and hopefully painless way to:
- Create lossless “audio-only” dvd-video discs from wav or flac audio files, featuring:
- gapless playback.
- md5 verification of audio data.
- archival (dvd-rom) content.
- Losslessly extract unencrypted lpcm audio streams from dvd-video to wav or flac format.
You’re already fully equipped for hi-res audio (up to 24-bit/96khz) if you have a typical dvd-player and digital amp, and lplex is a way to take advantage of this.
XiX ~ Open Source Music Player
XiX Player is a free, easy to use, multi-platform music player that currently runs in Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS Intel
- Supports the following file formats: MP3, OGG, M4A (non-DRM), AAC, FLAC, OPUS, APE, DFF, WAV
- Play & rip your CDs to MP3 or FLAC with CD-Text and CDDB support.
- Rip DVD tracks to MP3 or FLAC. Needs mplayer.
- See albums the chosen artist is on and vice versa.
- Create and use playlists.
- Online radio stations + presets.
- Record online radio stations.
- Schedule Radio station recordings.
- Listen to & download podcasts.
- Play license free audio from the Internet Archive.
- Show the lyrics and CD covers of the song being played.
- Shuffle and repeat.
- Reverse play.
- Crossfading & trimming.
- Rate your songs.
- EQ + FXs (Flanger, Echo & Reverb).
- Set EQ & trim for individual songs.
- Copy, delete or rename files.
- Change ID3 tag (only for MP3/OGG/FLAC/APE).
- Multiple tagging / renaming.
- Theme support (Basic).
CDBurnerXP ~ Freeware CD & DVD Burning
CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multi language interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free.
- burn all kinds of discs
- audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks
- burn and create ISO files
- data verification after burning process
- create bootable discs
- multi-language interface
- bin/nrg → ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more!
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008/Win7/Win8/Win10 (x86 / x64)