DSF_FillMute is a program that replaces a series of trailing zeros created by the standard of DSF files with a silent signal (0x69,1001 0110b). It is effective for devices that generate noise by playing a series of trailing zeros. There is no change in the actual sound or ID3 tag because no processing is added except at the end.
Wtfplay project is an initiative to create a quality music player for Linux. Ultimately the project has just one objective – deliver the best sound quality possible – with no compromises.
Initially the player has been created: wtfplay. Soon the project evolved and wtfplay-live Linux distribution was born.
wtfplay-live is a minimalist Linux distribution purely dedicated to audio playback. It does not have many features, but offers exceptional sound quality as a reward. Simply put: it is created to play music and it plays music well.
The main features of wtfplay-live are:
- Memory based, bit perfect playback of WAV and FLAC files with PCM data (16 and 24 bit, up to 384kHz), and DSF files with DSD data.
- Fully command line driven. No graphical mode. No network either. The whole system is optimised for sound playback from local disks.
- A small text mode user interface: wtfcui – for more convenient usage.
- Precisely tailored Linux kernel for best sound performance.
- Distributed as Live CD: does not require installation on a hard disk, does not make any changes to your computer configuration.
- Very small system size: the distribution ISO image is less than 50MB.
- Good documentation – to give you all information that you need to comfortably listen to music.
The philosophy of wtfplay project is simple: provide the minimum set of features for easy use and focus 100% efforts on sound quality.
This two-channel waveform editing software is capable of converting and editing high-resolution DSD and PCM files with support for up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM formats.
Super Audio CD Decoder input plugin for foobar2000. Decoder is capable of playing back Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices.
PlayPcmWin is yet another open source audio player for audiophiles.
- Supports WASAPI exclusive mode playback. Bit-perfect capable.
- Memory play. Load all PCM data onto the main memory before the playback starts.
- Native C++ optimized code for the playback thread. C# .NET 4.0 WPF GUI for easy use.
- Supports WAV(16, 20, 24, 32bit), FLAC(16, 24bit), AIFF(16, 24bit) and AIFC-sowt and MP3.
- DoP playback of DFF and DSF files.
- Supports CUE sheets and M3U8 playlists.
- Gapless playback.
- Source code available.