A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
DVD-Audio Decoder input plugin and Watermark Detector / Neutralizer DSP plugins for Foobar2000. Decoder is capable of playing back DVD-Audio discs, ISO images, AOB, MLP and Dolby TrueHD files in full resolution. Dedicated plugin for DTS-HD playback. APT-x100 plugin for *.AUD and *.AUE files from DTS movie / trailer discs.
This component displays several groups of items which are described in the following sections. The item names are displayed in upper-case letters in the UI element, but can also be used in lower-case in title formatting code, since field names in title formatting are case-insensitive.
- The Location group contains information about the physical location of the track.
- The Tag Fields group contains the user-modifiable metadata fields of the track.
- The technical Fields groups contains technical information fields that are provided by the decoder.
- The Replaygain group contains the Replaygain data of the track.
Super Audio CD Decoder input plugin for foobar2000. Decoder is capable of playing back Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices.
Additional decoding and input components expand the range of audio file formats that can be played by Foobar2000. Not all of these components are official or officially recommended. Listed alphabetically by component name.
- foo_ac3 ~ Decodes ATSC A-52 bitstream files (.AC3). Also includes a packet decoder for Matroska files containing AC3 streams.
- foo_asap ~ Decodes Atari 8-bit chiptunes in the following formats: SAP, CMC, CM3, CMR, CMS, DMC, DLT, MPT, MPD, RMT, TMC, TM8, TM2, FC. Also plays files in all foobar2000-supported formats from ATR disk images.
- foo_gep ~ Decodes several game console music formats: AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, SAP, SGC, SPC, and VGM.
- foo_input_adplug ~ Decodes all Adlib FM chip formats supported by the AdPlug library.
- foo_input_amr ~ Plays Adaptive Multi-Rate audio (AMR or AMR-NB).
- foo_input_avs ~ Decodes AviSynth scripts (.AVS), audio only. Requires AviSynth 2.5 or newer.
- foo_input_dsdiff ~ Adds decoding support for DSDIFF files (.DFF).
- foo_input_dts ~ Decodes DTS Coherent Acoustics files (.DTS) and DTS WAV files (.DTSWAV). Also includes a packet decoder for Matroska files containing DTS streams, and a decode post-processor which supports decoding DTS streams from 44100Hz or 48KHz 16-bit lossless PCM streams.
- foo_input_dvda ~ Decoder is capable of playing back DVD-Audio discs, ISO images, AOB, MLP and Dolby TrueHD files in full resolution. Dedicated plugin for DTS-HD playback.
- foo_input_gsf ~ Decodes .GSF/.MINIGSF files.
- foo_input_ht ~ Decodes Sega Dreamcast Sound Format (.DSF/.MINIDSF) files and Sega Saturn Sound Format (.SSF/.MINISSF) files.
- foo_input_hvl ~ Decodes Hively Tracker files (.HVL) as well as Abyss’ Highest eXperience files (.ahx)
- foo_input_kdm ~ Decodes Ken Silverman’s Digital Music format files. (.kdm)
- foo_input_monkey ~ Decodes Monkey’s Audio files (.APE) as well as APE Link files (.APL).
- foo_input_ncsf ~ Decodes Nitro Composer Sound Format files (.NCSF/.MININCSF).
- foo_input_org ~ Decodes Organya (.ORG) files.
- foo_input_qsf ~ Decodes Capcom QSound Sound Format files (.QSF/.MINIQSF).
- foo_input_shorten ~ Adds support for decoding Shorten files and tagging them through external APEv2 tags.
- foo_input_sacd ~ Decoder is capable of playing Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices.
- foo_input_spotify ~ Spotify support for foobar2000. Requires a Spotify premium account.
- foo_input_syntrax ~ Supports playback of the Syntrax or Jaytrax module format. (.JXS)
- foo_input_tak ~ Alternative TAK decoder component. Bundles TAK 2.3.1 beta 1 decoder library.
- foo_input_tfmx ~ Decodes TFMX files (MDAT., TFMX., .MDAT, .TFM, .TFMX, .TFX).
- foo_input_tta ~ Decoder for the TTA Lossless Audio Codec. Decodes .tta files.
- foo_input_usf ~ This is a decoder which adds support for playing (Ultra) Nintendo 64 Sound format (.USF/.MINIUSF) files.
- foo_input_v2m ~ Farbrausch V2 module (V2M) decoder
- foo_input_vgmstream ~ Decodes dozens of streamed ADPCM or other compressed format files extracted from various console and PC games.
- foo_input_vio2sf ~ Decodes Nintendo DS Sound Format files (.2SF/.MINI2SF).
- foo_input_zxtune ~ Decodes ZX Spectrum, Amiga, PC, Atari, Acorn chip / digital / fm tunes.
- foo_luner2 ~ Decodes Lunar: Eternal Blue disc for Sega CD.
- foo_midi ~ Decodes General MIDI files (.MID, .KAR) and RIFF MIDI files (.RMI) as well as several proprietary MIDI formats (.MIDS, .MDS, .HMI, .HMP, .MUS, .XMI, .LDS).
- foo_openmpt54 ~ This component aims to replace the DUMB module decoder, or foo_dumb, as it is much faster, and also in some ways more accurate than DUMB. It also supports more features internally, such as MO3 decoding, and unpacking xpk, ppm, and mmcmp formats. It also supports .MPTM/.MPTMZ, .MO3, .UMX, .MOD/.MDZ/.MDR/.M15, .S3M/.S3Z, .XM/.XMZ, .IT/.ITZ, .STM, .PT36, .NST, .M15, .STK, .ST26, .ICE, .WOW, .ULT, .669, .MTM, .MED, .FAR, .MDL, .AMS, .DSM, .AMF, .OKT, .DMF, .PTM, .PSM, .MT2, .DBM, .DIGI, .IMF (Imago Orpheus), .J2B, .PLM, .SFX, .SFX2, .MMS, .STP, .C67, .GDM, and .DTM.
- foo_pd_aac ~ This component replaces the stock input component’s AAC decoder with the one from FDK-AAC v2.0.1, to support AAC formats not supported by FFmpeg, such as xHE-AAC / USAC.
- foo_psf ~ Decodes Sony Playstation Sound Format files (.PSF/.MINIPSF) as well as Playstation 2 Sound Format files (.PSF2/.MINIPSF2).
- foo_sid ~ Decodes Commodore 64 SID sound files (.SID, .MUS). Based on resid-fp.
- foo_snesapu ~ An alternative decoder for Super Nintendo SPC Sound Format files (.SPC).
- foo_youtube ~ Play Youtube videos and playlists directly from their URLs.
Additional Input Resources:
foo_hdcd ~ This post processing service component will decode HDCD data in any 16-bit PCM stream passed through it by supporting inputs, such as CDDA, WAV, FLAC, and WavPack.
Command-Line Decoder Wrapper ~ This component allows foobar2000 to play or convert any audio format with a standalone command-line decoder available, including various exotic formats that do not have native foobar2000 decoder components. (foo_input_exe)
FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper ~ This component allows foobar2000 to read arbitrary file formats via user-supplied ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe. (foo_input_ffmpeg)
foo_dyndec ~ Exposes the decoded sample rate, number of channels and bit depth to components that can only use static information natively.
foo_input_dummy ~ a pseudo input
FLAC Frontend is a convenient way for Windows users not used to working with command lines to use the official FLAC tools. It accepts WAVE, W64, AIFF and RAW files for encoding and outputs FLAC or OGG-FLAC files. It is able to decode FLAC files, test them, fingerprint them and re-encode them. It has drag-and-drop support too. It is tested on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7, but should work with Windows XP SP2 or newer. It requires .NET 2.0 or later.
A Mac OSX GUI frontend for open source audio codecs. There is an older Windows version available as well.
MAD is a high-quality MPEG audio decoder. It currently supports MPEG-1 and the MPEG-2 extension to lower sampling frequencies, as well as the de facto MPEG 2.5 format. All three audio layers — Layer I, Layer II, and Layer III (i.e. MP3) — are fully implemented.
MAD does not yet support MPEG-2 multichannel audio (although it should be backward compatible with such streams) nor does it currently support AAC.
MAD has the following special features:
- 24-bit PCM output
- 100% fixed-point (integer) computation
- completely new implementation based on the ISO/IEC standards
- available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL)