FiiO Music App is designed to maximize the experience of music lovers. Download the FiiO Music app today to start your journey to rediscover your music!
TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is a new, free application for Windows and Macintosh computers, that plays and edits up to 11.2MHz DSD or 384kHz WAV files. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without converting to PCM audio. This app is available now as a free download for Windows and Mac. Ideal for users of TASCAM’s hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, TASCAM’s Hi-Res Editor is one of the only ways to edit native DSD master recordings.
Wtfplay project is an initiative to create a quality music player for Linux. Ultimately the project has just one objective – deliver the best sound quality possible – with no compromises.
Initially the player has been created: wtfplay. Soon the project evolved and wtfplay-live Linux distribution was born.
wtfplay-live is a minimalist Linux distribution purely dedicated to audio playback. It does not have many features, but offers exceptional sound quality as a reward. Simply put: it is created to play music and it plays music well.
The main features of wtfplay-live are:
- Memory based, bit perfect playback of WAV and FLAC files with PCM data (16 and 24 bit, up to 384kHz), and DSF files with DSD data.
- Fully command line driven. No graphical mode. No network either. The whole system is optimised for sound playback from local disks.
- A small text mode user interface: wtfcui – for more convenient usage.
- Precisely tailored Linux kernel for best sound performance.
- Distributed as Live CD: does not require installation on a hard disk, does not make any changes to your computer configuration.
- Very small system size: the distribution ISO image is less than 50MB.
- Good documentation – to give you all information that you need to comfortably listen to music.
The philosophy of wtfplay project is simple: provide the minimum set of features for easy use and focus 100% efforts on sound quality.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder is an application to record audio tracks of a vinyl record onto your computer in the high resolution format.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Windows:
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Mac:
This two-channel waveform editing software is capable of converting and editing high-resolution DSD and PCM files with support for up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM formats.
RuneAudio is a free and open source software that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players. We want to make a cheap, low-consumption and silent mini-PC perform as an high fidelity digital source. RuneAudio features a custom-built Linux distribution (RuneOS) and a web player (RuneUI) which allows to remote control playback and setup options, from multiple devices (desktop PC, netbook, tablet, smartphone).
- Easy to install and use
- A custom built, optimized and small footprint Linux-based OS (RuneOS)
- Runs on a variety of embedded platforms
- Works with almost every model of USB DAC in commerce
- Bitperfect and gapless playback of common audio formats (FLAC, WAVE, MP3, AAC, ALAC, etc.)
- Supports native DSD playback with DSD-over-PCM
- Playback from network drives (over CIFS and NFS protocols) and USB drives (FAT32 and NTFS)
- Playback of web radio streams
- Built-in web interface (RuneUI) for playback and setup control
- Can be controlled from a lot of third party clients (desktop and mobile)
- Supports USB Audio Class 2
- Optimized to reduce SD card wearing
Super Audio CD Decoder input plugin for foobar2000. Decoder is capable of playing back Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices.
A modular Linux / Windows XP music player using the BASS library.
WavPack is a completely open audio compression format providing lossless, high-quality lossy, and a unique hybrid compression mode. For version 5.0.0, several new file formats and lossless DSD audio compression were added, making WavPack a universal audio archiving solution.
In the default lossless mode WavPack acts just like a WinZip compressor for audio files. However, unlike MP3 or WMA encoding which can affect the sound quality, not a single bit of the original information is lost, so there’s no chance of degradation. This makes lossless mode ideal for archiving audio material or any other situation where quality is paramount. The compression ratio depends on the source material, but generally is between 30% and 70%.
The hybrid mode provides all the advantages of lossless compression with an additional bonus. Instead of creating a single file, this mode creates both a relatively small, high-quality lossy file that can be used all by itself, and a “correction” file that (when combined with the lossy file) provides full lossless restoration. For some users this means never having to choose between lossless and lossy compression!
WavPack employs only well known, public domain techniques (i.e., linear prediction with LMS adaptation, Elias and Golomb codes) in its implementation. Methods and algorithms that have ever been patented (e.g., arithmetic coding, LZW compression) are specifically avoided. This ensures that WavPack encoders and decoders will remain open and royalty-free.
Volumio is an headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity. Volumio runs on most embedded devices (Raspberry Pi, UDOO, Odroid, Cubieboard, Beaglebone, Pine64, Allo Sparky…) and on any ordinary PC (x86).
Volumio is a free and open source Linux distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. It runs on a variety of devices, typically small and inexpensive computers like the Raspberry PI, but also on low power PCs, notebooks or thin clients.
By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of these platforms, it will then become an headless audiophile music player. Headless means that the only way to control it will be with another mobile phone, computer or tablet.
This is made possible by Volumio’s User Interface: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows for an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. All communications between the web app and Volumio will happen through your home network.