The Daphile is the heart of a digital music system. Its primary focus is in storage and playback of your digital music library. It enables the best possible audio quality and future-proof flexibility by providing plug&play support for USB connected digital-to-analog converters (DAC). You can easily setup a multi-zone system just by connecting another USB DAC for each zone.
- Headless music server OS
- Bitperfect and gapless playback
- Extensive audio format support
- Native DSD playback up to DSD512
- PCM resolutions up to 384kHz/24bit
- High quality audio resampling including PCM to DSD conversion
- Convolution filtering for DRC and equalizer
- “Play from RAM” to minimize CPU load and disk activity during playback
- Automatic audio device configuration with multiplayer support
- CD ripping with AccurateRip™ verification, automatic metadata tagging and cover art
- Supports external file servers as music source
- Easy configuration and installation through the web interface
- WiFi hotspot support (if compatible hardware exists)
- Software update via web interface
- Network-attached storage (NAS) service
- Whole system included in about 200MB ISO-file
Daphile is based on the open source Squeezebox Server, Squeezelite and Linux.
Since Daphile is used and configured completely via the web interface the user is not required to have any Linux skills.