eac3to is able to convert E-AC3, TrueHD, PCM and DTS-HD audio tracks to AC3, DTS or FLAC. Converts E-AC3, TrueHD, PCM, DTS-HD and FLAC tracks to AC3 / DTS / FLAC. Removes Dialog Normalization from AC3, E-AC3, DTS and TrueHD tracks. Extracts AC3 frames from Blu-Ray AC3/TrueHD tracks. Extracts DTS core from DTS-HD tracks. Can remux the video track of a EVO / VOB source to Matroska (mkv). Command line tool but GUI (UsEac3to) also available. Requires external audio decoders.forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966
EdgeSounds’ RatHole (former GenieSys RatHole) is a free unique nondestructive universal compression utility. Its function is based on a principle of self-training neural networks. EdgeSounds RatHole was especially designed for nondestructive compression of any files containing audio data in PCM 8/16/24 bit or IEEE_FLOAT 32 bit format.
A new EdgeSounds compression algorithm makes it possible to efficiently reduce the size of packed audio data and later unpack exactly same bits, with no difference to the original data. The compression algorithm compresses audio data, considering the bit depth of the digital data contained in the audio file (8/16/24/32 bit). The algorithm is proven to be equally effective on compressing the following file types:
- Audio files WAV, AU, AIFF, SND;
- Ensoniq Paris PAS;
- Sample sound banks such as:
- AVM Apex bank file APEX
- Aureal sound bank ARL
- Creative Labs/E-mu System SoundFont banks format 1&2.x SBK, SF2;
- Downloadable sounds level 1&2 DLS;
- Ensoniq EPS Files EFE, Ensoniq Instruments family files INS, Ensoniq Disk Image GKH;
- Gravis Ultrasound /Forte Patch PAT;
- Kurzweil 2000-2600 files KRZ;
- Nemesys/Tascam GIG;
- Seer Systems Reality banks SEERBANKSET;
- Turtle Beach WaveFront Bank WFB;
- Virtual Sampler bank VSB;
- Multi-track audio data as Cakewalk/Sonar BUN, CWB;
- Impulse Tracker instrument ITI, Fast Tracker 2 instrument XI;
- any other formats containing audio data
The compression ratio of the algorithm depends on the size of audio data, the balance between the tone and noise component, bit depth and other factors, and usually varies from 36% to 78% or even more, with an average of 48-56%. The higher is the bit depth and the fidelity of audio data, the better is the compression ratio.
The RatHole can be successfully used as a common archiving utility for any other file types as well.
The Daphile is the heart of a digital music system. Its primary focus is in storage and playback of your digital music library. It enables the best possible audio quality and future-proof flexibility by providing plug&play support for USB connected digital-to-analog converters (DAC). You can easily setup a multi-zone system just by connecting another USB DAC for each zone.
- Headless music server OS
- Bitperfect and gapless playback
- Extensive audio format support
- Native DSD playback up to DSD512
- PCM resolutions up to 384kHz/24bit
- High quality audio resampling including PCM to DSD conversion
- Convolution filtering for DRC and equalizer
- “Play from RAM” to minimize CPU load and disk activity during playback
- Automatic audio device configuration with multiplayer support
- CD ripping with AccurateRip™ verification, automatic metadata tagging and cover art
- Supports external file servers as music source
- Easy configuration and installation through the web interface
- WiFi hotspot support (if compatible hardware exists)
- Software update via web interface
- Network-attached storage (NAS) service
- Whole system included in about 200MB ISO-file
Daphile is based on the open source Squeezebox Server, Squeezelite and Linux.
Since Daphile is used and configured completely via the web interface the user is not required to have any Linux skills.
PCM-DSD Converter is a program that converts a PCM WAV format sound source to DSD DSDIFF format. You can convert from PCM 16bit ~ 64bit Float / 44.1 ~ 768kHz to DSD16-DSD2048.
FiiO Music App is designed to maximize the experience of music lovers. Download the FiiO Music app today to start your journey to rediscover your music!
Hi-Res Audio Recorder is an application to record audio tracks of a vinyl record onto your computer in the high resolution format.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Windows:
Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Mac:
AlsaPlayer for Linux is a new kind of player that effectively runs pulse-code modulation or .PCM files. The player uses multithreading pretty heavily and was written specifically for giving some good exercise to the new Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) driver and the library system. If you look closely, you’ll observe that AlsaPlayer has some highly interesting features that can be found only in the UNIX-based or Linux-based players. The main goal of the people who created AlsaPlayer for Linux was to develop a completely pluggable framework that could playback every type of media file, with majority of focus on the PCM audio data.
This two-channel waveform editing software is capable of converting and editing high-resolution DSD and PCM files with support for up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM formats.