This two-channel waveform editing software is capable of converting and editing high-resolution DSD and PCM files with support for up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM formats.
Distraction-free – Helio is an attempt to rethink a music sequencer to create a tool that feels right. It provides a lightweight UI to help you get into the zone and focus on your ideas.
Clear over clever – Visualize music in a way that doesn’t seem so smoke and mirrors. The app may serve as a learning tool you need to grow as a composer.
Cross-platform tech – Available for all major platforms, desktop and mobile. Hosts VST and AudioUnit, runs on CoreAudio, ASIO, DirectSound, ALSA, JACK and OpenSLES. Exports to MIDI, WAV and FLAC.
In order to successfully run ASIO4ALL, you need:
- A WDM-compatible operating system, such as Win98SE/ME/2k/XP/2003/XP64 or Windows Vista x86/x64.
- A WDM-driver for your audio hardware. (Under Win2k/XP/Vista… this is implicit, not so under Win98SE/WinME.)
- A couple minutes of your time and a little bit of luck.
What ASIO4ALL will NOT do:
- Replace your existing sound card drivers or mess with them in any way.
- Install any kernel mode components that could potentially affect the stability of your system.
- “Overclock”, or otherwise operate your audio hardware in ways that could potentially be harmful and/or void your warranty, except, of course, in cases where the manufacturer of your hardware has specifically stated that the use of ASIO4ALL would void your warranty indeed.
Synchronous Audio Router lets you route audio from any Windows application through a DAW (digital audio workstation) application, giving you an immense amount of control over your system’s audio. You can apply sophisticated effects, routing and switching, and combine the audio streams from each individual application any way you want, producing any number of output mixes.
If your applications of choice doesn’t let you select an audio device, SAR has you covered: you can define per-application routing rules which will override the Windows default audio device settings. You can even use pattern matching to define rules for groups of applications.
It’s also fast. SAR operates inline with your existing ASIO driver, adding no additional buffer latency to your DAW, and uses WaveRT for direct low latency transport of audio between applications. This is in contrast to many other “virtual audio cable” type drivers which often require buffer sizes as large as 50-100ms to work reliably.
Crystal Mixer is based on the OpenAL engine surround sound mixer. It supports up to 8 direct output and input channels and up to 18 output channels through a 3D mixer. It works through the ASIO Driver API for versatility. It’s possible to use up to 15 customizable auxiliary effects. It is also possible to enable hardware acceleration with some sound cards.
- Multichannel surround sound support
- Up to 8 native input and output channels
- Up to 18 output channels mixing in 3D space
- Auxiliary EFX and EAX20 effects
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus, Flanger and others effects
- Sound rotation and position changing
- Source positions visual control with 3D view (OpenGL required)
- Hardware Acceleration with native OpenAL driver
- 3D movement effects
Album Player is designed for composing and listening to compilations of music albums on your hard drive and CD/DVD. The Album Player plays audio files of popular formats, such as WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, ALAC, AIFF, TAK, MP3, MP4, OGG, MPC, Audio-CD, SACD and DVD-A. Playlists are built based on information read from .cue files.
The Album Player supports modes of direct output from a sound decoder to an output device. The elimination of intermediate processing and mixing provides the most accurate sound reproduction. The Album Player’s supported output modes are ASIO, Kernel Streaming and exclusive WASAPI.
The player displays a list of albums located on a selected drive or directory, content of a selected album, album art, artist name, and the year of release of the album. If an album’s folder contains more than one picture, they are displayed as a slide show.
No installation is required, just right-click on the player to configure it.
ScoreDate is your date with the music! It is open source software written in Java that helps musicians learn to read music; it also helps with ear training. It is suitable for any skill level, from beginner to professional; from slow training to first sight reading.
- Notes in line exercise
- Rhythms exercise
- Score reading exercise
- Ear training exercise with 4 levels of difficulty
- Exercises – creation, edit, save and playback
- Statistics with monthly and daily view
- Support of four clefs: Violin, Bass, Alto, Tenor, with a maximum of two at the same time
- Support of notes: Whole, half, dotted half, quarter, dotted quarter, eighth, triplets, pauses
- Selection of the notes range for each clef. Maximum of 4 additional lines above and below the staff
- Virtual piano, to exercise without having external devices
- Chords, intervals and accidentals exercise
- Learning mode, that shows the name of the note or the chord displayed on the staff
- Realtime playback supporting ASIO, WDMKS, DirectSound, Jack, ALSA, OSS
- Translated in to 15 languages
OpenMPT is a powerful audio application that makes writing music fun, easy and efficient.
OpenMPT (shorthand for Open ModPlug Tracker) is completely free and allows you to create and play back some great music on your computer. Based on the original ModPlug Tracker written by Olivier Lapicque, OpenMPT is free software, can import a wide variety of module formats and offers an intuitive, native GUI as well as advanced features such as VST plugins and ASIO output.
In addition to its own song format, OpenMPT can natively edit Impulse Tracker, FastTracker, Scream Tracker and ProTracker module files.
OpenMPT based module player library and libopenmpt based command-line player:
- libopenmpt is a cross-platform C++ and C library to decode tracked music files (modules) [wikipedia] into a raw PCM audio stream.
- openmpt123 is a cross-platform command-line or terminal based module file player.
libopenmpt is based on the player code of the OpenMPT project (Open ModPlug Tracker). In order to avoid code base fragmentation, libopenmpt is developed in the same source code repository as OpenMPT.
libopenmpt ships with plugins for 3 popular Windows audio players already included:
- xmp-openmpt is a plugin based on libopenmpt for XMPlay.
- in_openmpt is an input plugin based on libopenmpt for WinAMP 2.x or later compatible players.
- foo_openmpt is a component based on libopenmpt for foobar2000.
ASIOWmpPlg is a Windows Media Player plugin that plays incoming audio through a user-selectable ASIO device. The Windows Media Center application is also supported.
- www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_ks (kernel streaming)
Alternative output components: