Aural Probe is a sample librarian tool for computer musicians / audio engineers. Automatically and non-destructively index your disorganised sample collection from a list of folders into categories (kick, snare, hihats etc.) based on folder/filename wildcard matches. Easily audition samples, load/save favourites, and drag-and-drop straight into your sequencer.
- Categorize your huge sample collections (20GB+) without moving a single file
Create categories based on file/folder keyword matches (eg. Kick category = “bd”, “kick”, “bassdrum”) or regular expressions
- Quickly audition through samples with arrow keys or mouse
- Filter samples by file type (WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3, WMA, OGG)
- Full drag-and-drop support (simply drag a sample from Aural Probe into your sequencer/sampler, just like Windows Explorer)
- Mark favorites, filter by favorites, load/save favorite lists
- Automatic rescan and categorization of samples on changed categories or sample folder layout
- See details about highlighted sample in status bar
- ‘Always on top’ mode to make frequent dragging of samples into other windows easier
- Right-click a sample for frequently used shortcuts (Explore, Copy, Copy Shortcut, Favorite, Delete)
- 100% read-only – does not move/modify your samples, just indexes them
Minimize to system tray
Automatic Volume Mixer is a tool that allows automatization of Windows Volume Mixer based on user rules. You can open the Volume Mixer by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray and selecting Open Volume Mixer. This application is an automatic version of that applet.
Common usage examples:
- Pausing your audio player (e.g. foobar2000) whenever any other application makes a noise, and resuming playback once the noise is gone. This enables you to keep your audio player running in the background at all times.
- Briefly muting all applications while a notification is playing.
- Forcing application’s volume to a set level.
- Automatically lowering volume during night.
- Launching processes / popups when some application makes noise.
- Detect volume levels of applications and act on that information.
- Fully configurable rules for detection, filtering, and executing actions.
- Ability to automatically adjust audio levels of applications.
If, like me, you have a car radio or a clock radio which cannot play tracks in random order from your usb stick itself, this application might be useful for you.
It generates random numbers and puts them in front of every file in a specified folder. So all you’ve got to do when you want a new play order for your music tracks is run this application.
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Requires .NET Framework 2.0
- Supports WinXP’s Sam and Vista’s Anna engines
- Ability to minimize to tray
- Small and simple
- Reads copied to clipboard text
- Includes an installer
SoundSwitch offers you the opportunity to switch your playback devices and/or recording devices using simple hotkeys.
No more navigating through several menus and screens. Just configure SoundSwitch once – and you are able to switch between your devices as fast as never before!
Audio Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip VST plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling